Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 'Modern-Day Classic' Fabio Wardley-Frazer Clark Comes at Opportune Time for U.K. Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: 'Modern-Day Classic' Fabio Wardley-Frazer Clark Comes at Opportune Time for U.K. Boxing

Boxxer promoter Ben Shalom hailed Sunday's "modern-day classic" between heavyweights Fabio Wardley and Frazer Clarke, as well as its influence on British boxing, at a time when the domestic fight scene is under threat from the ambitions of Saudi Arabia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The future of the HW div is bleak

Comment

Told y'all it was gonna be a better fight than many were predicting, I particularly enjoyed Wardley's determined windmilling during the second half LOL.

Comment

It was a entertaining domestic fight, very fun to watch.

Still, it's obvious that these two have a ceiling that is European title at best, and I saw nothing in that fight to change that opinion, both did show good chin and toughness and both can hit a little bit, so you can't rule them out entirely, but Clarke is just a technically proficient, basic big man and Fabio is a tough guy with some athleticism.

I've said for a long time UK fans should appreciate Joshua and Fury while they are around instead of waging this war that one of them is great and one is a bum, both are excellent fighters.

It's going to be a big drop down when those two are retired in a couple of years, only Moses Itauma has any real prospects out of UK heavyweights and he needs a lot of work still and has a lot of unanswered questions yet, so he's not a sure bet.

Comment

Glad to see my Jewish brother Shalom isn’t bowing to “his excellency” and the royal house of saud to sell out British boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            Glad to see my Jewish brother Shalom isn’t bowing to “his excellency” and the royal house of saud to sell out British boxing
            Can you imagine??!?

Nah, Ben's gonna keep scooping up as much as possible of the Sky money that Eddie spurned. Fair play to him.
            Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post

It was a entertaining domestic fight, very fun to watch.

Yes, and that was about all it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                He'd be taking it in a heartbeat if he wasn't stuck promoting domestic fights.

Comment

It was a very good fight.
                  JeBron Lamez JeBron Lamez likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

Yes, and that was about all it was.
                    So, all it was was a good fight. Which is... good, right?
                    tokon tokon likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X