Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Full PBC Card After Fundora Steps In To Replace Injured Thurman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Full PBC Card After Fundora Steps In To Replace Injured Thurman

Undefeated rising star Tim Tszyu will take on all-action contender Sebastian "The Towering Inferno" Fundora for Tszyu's WBO title (pending approval), and the vacant WBC 154-pound world title, headlining a PBC Pay-Per-View event available on Prime Video Saturday, March 30 from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 03-20-2024, 09:58 PM.

What happened to the Moton-Cuba fight? Feel bad for Bohachuk, but I’m sure he wanted to fight.

Postponing it & putting Him vs Conwell on the Canelo - Munguia card woulda been solid though, hopefully Conwell gets a fight on that card and gets winner of Bohachuk-Mendoza
    Last edited by edpboxing; 03-20-2024, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Might not be PPV-worthy by name value, but 4 title fights on one card is a rarity and can't be totally dismissed. Still sketchy that Fundora gets a title shot after being knocked out in his last fight by the guy Tszyu beat in his last fight. Regardless, should be an entertaining card all-around.
      rudy rudy landotter landotter like this.

Comment

This is a pretty exciting lineup. That many title fights on a single card is nothing to sneeze at.
        rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post
          What happened to the Moton-Cuba fight?
          PBC on that bs not streaming the full prelims still I bet. Last I heard that fight was still on & I'd assume logically with the PBC roster this is gonna be more than a 6 fight event.
          edpboxing edpboxing likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post
            What happened to the Moton-Cuba fight?
            Just looked. Its still listed on tapology, which is often more accurate than boxrec these days.

Screenshot_20240320_202655_Chrome~2.jpg

edpboxing edpboxing likes this.

Comment

How much is the PPV going to cost?

Better not be Floyd Mayweather prices for Tszyu vs Fundora.

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post
                Might not be PPV-worthy by name value, but 4 title fights on one card is a rarity and can't be totally dismissed. Still sketchy that Fundora gets a title shot after being knocked out in his last fight by the guy Tszyu beat in his last fight. Regardless, should be an entertaining card all-around.
                Yeah but styles make fights just because mendoza beat fundora and Tzyu beat mendoza don't mean fundora can't beat Tzyu I personally like it more than the thurman fight. But I agree it's very rare you get 4 world titles on one card nowadays and yeah it hasn't gotta big name on the card but still be a decent night of boxing but I can see people's gripe about paying 80 dollars or whatever it is

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  How much is the PPV going to cost?

Better not be Floyd Mayweather prices for Tszyu vs Fundora.
                  69.99, it was 74.99…

edit: that’s just what I’ve seen, I was never gonna buy it, so haven’t actually looked on prime

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post
                    I heard Lubin turned it down. I'd have rather seen Tszyu vs Lubin myself.

The good part is now its a unified belt situation for the winner. So kinda jumped ahead where they likely were gonna end up anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X