Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adam Azim Set For Big Fights, But Harlem Eubank And Dalton Smith Unlikely Opponents - For Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adam Azim Set For Big Fights, But Harlem Eubank And Dalton Smith Unlikely Opponents - For Now

With one side of one of Britain's dream fights about to box this weekend, the other is observing Ramadan
    [Click Here To Read More]

Willing to negotiate with Eubank, but not Smith. All this talk about "big fights" for Azim, but he's still young and only European champion. How big can the opponent realistically get? He's not world-level yet. McGuigan can't seem to make his mind up. Does he want to protect Azim because he's still young, or does he want to put him in significant fights? He's throwing shots at Whittaker, but he does have two less pro years even-though he's older than Azim. Whittaker also doesn't hold a title either.

Question for UK fans: Is Adam Azim considered a star already?
    Last edited by kiaba360; 03-20-2024, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Willing to negotiate with Eubank, but not Smith. All this talk about "big fights" for Azim, but he's still young and only European champion. How big can the opponent realistically get? He's not world-level yet. McGuigan can't seem to make his mind up. Does he want to protect Azim because he's still young, or does he want to put him in significant fights? He's throwing shots at Whittaker, but he does have two less pro years even-though he's older than Azim. Whittaker also doesn't hold a title either.

Question for UK fans: Is Adam Azim considered a star already?
      Agreed...Azim ISN'T a star at the moment but is DEFINITELY a star in the making. However, I think that they're moving him along at the right pace plus we can't forget that he's just 21yo and the youngest European champion in history. Therefore, I think the best option is to gradually increase the level of competition before fighting a big name fighter in a year or two followed by a world title shot.
      kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by HisExcellency View Post

Agreed...Azim ISN'T a star at the moment but is DEFINITELY a star in the making. However, I think that they're moving him along at the right pace plus we can't forget that he's just 21yo and the youngest European champion in history. Therefore, I think the best option is to gradually increase the level of competition before fighting a big name fighter in a year or two followed by a world title shot.
        That's definitely the best option. When teams start talking about "big fights", it sounds like they're trying to rush the building process. He should be defending his European title and getting more reps in.
        BigBobArum HisExcellency likes this.

Comment

I don't like the word coward, but if he doesn't fight Dalton or Harlem this year then he's a shirker !!.....

Comment

Working...
          X