Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez Defends His Record As He Prepares To Shut Up The Critics Against Jaime Munguia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez Defends His Record As He Prepares To Shut Up The Critics Against Jaime Munguia

Canelo Alvarez has for so long heard the snickers and chides that the next man up is going to test him like no other.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He's not shutting up the critics if he's not fighting the guy the critics want him against.

Comment

The way you shut up critics, is by fighting the man who deserves the shot, which is Benavides. People say that Benavides will beat you, that you don't want to fight him, so, you will shut up people if you actually fight him and beat him, IDK who you're shutting up by beating Munguia, he's decent but does nothing in regards to shutting people up. If anything, if you beat him easily, people will say, you see, that's why you picked him, if he gives you fits, then people will say you're washed up. I don't think he will pull it off but I'm rooting for Munguia, because unlike Canelo, he's actually taking on a serious challenge...

Comment

This guy is unbelievable, What a turd.

Comment

Didn’t answer Benavidez though, did he?
          El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

He "dominated" the third fight vs GGG? I don't remember that happening.
            Tomsmacker Tomsmacker likes this.

Comment

Nobody wants to hear about ancient history. Old GGG 3, Ryder, Jermell, and Munguia is not an impressive run. Get out with the "I've done enough for the sport" attitude.

Comment

Even if you fight the best guys in the division, the haters will always have a narrative. They'd just say "oh there's nobody good in that division." Look at how people behave with respect to Inoue. He's literally fought the best available opponents his entire career, including the #1 guy in his divisional debut 3 times, and completely cleaned out a division of all credible opposition, and is looking to do it again, and people still have crap to say about it. They even make up fake narratives about how he never fights out of Japan (untrue, he made his US debut in 2017), or just say his opponents are bums. You can't shut everyone up.

That being said, Canelo needs to fight his mandatories or get stripped. That's Morrell and Benavidez. People never wanted Munguía, and have been vocal in opposing that fight for years. If he really wants to claim he's fighting for legacy, he needs to either clean out SMW or take on the winner of Beterbiev v Bivol. I'd give him major props if he fought Opetaia and tried to win that fight too.
                Tomsmacker Tomsmacker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
                  Even if you fight the best guys in the division, the haters will always have a narrative. They'd just say "oh there's nobody good in that division." Look at how people behave with respect to Inoue. He's literally fought the best available opponents his entire career, including the #1 guy in his divisional debut 3 times, and completely cleaned out a division of all credible opposition, and is looking to do it again, and people still have crap to say about it. They even make up fake narratives about how he never fights out of Japan (untrue, he made his US debut in 2017), or just say his opponents are bums. You can't shut everyone up.

That being said, Canelo needs to fight his mandatories or get stripped. That's Morrell and Benavidez. People never wanted Munguía, and have been vocal in opposing that fight for years. If he really wants to claim he's fighting for legacy, he needs to either clean out SMW or take on the winner of Beterbiev v Bivol. I'd give him major props if he fought Opetaia and tried to win that fight too.
                  We will be fine if he just vacates.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post

We will be fine if he just vacates.
                    Agreed. Vacate or get stripped, but fighting all these lower ranked guys while avoiding his mandatories for years makes a mockery of the sport. It's getting to the point that he might just end up fighting Jake Paul after all.

Comment

Working...
                    X