No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Q&A: Carl 'The Cobra' Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Q&A: Carl 'The Cobra' Froch

The retired Carl Froch, who in 2023 was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame, was on Monday the guest of honour at a lunch hosted in London by the Boxing Writers' Club. Approaching 10 years in retirement, at that lunch he revisited his career in an extensive Q&A
    [Click Here To Read More]

C'mon Carl , deep inside you, you're lurking at a mega lucrative fight in Saudi Arabia , maybe against GGG or Calzaghe, don't you ? Eddie would love that.

Comment

Unfortunately I’ve not got my memory back from the Taylor fight. That round-three knockdown left me quite heavily concussed...from what I can remember, I didn’t think ‘This is the last round; I’m going all out’. It’s just all a blur. When I look back at the videos, I literally can’t remember anything. I can’t remember celebrating. My brother [Lee] jumped in after; my wife Rachael was there. I just can’t remember anything. It’s gone. Hopefully it might come back later on in life.
      Sad to read this, shows the risks these guys take and the damage they receive even in victory.

When I was in training camp to fight Golovkin, or maybe [Julio Cesar] Chavez Jr, or Andrzej Fonfara – that fight never happened. I was trying to do a deal with Eddie Hearn as well. You speak to Eddie, then he goes and talks to his dad [Barry] and his old man says, ‘No’.
      I wonder if Eddie still has to ask his dad for permission before making a fight.​

Comment

The Taylor fight is one of my favorite bouts. Amazing to think that Froch can't remember past the 3rd round!
        Carl and Rachel....a better duo than Afleck and JLo.

Comment

Love his mindset - a dream is just a dream without defined goals and hitting hose goals.

I also like that he has mellowed with age - he was right narky just after retirement

Comment

Great interview and it is refreshing to get the perspective of a well spoken man for once. No inflated ego, nothing like that. Just honest chat.

Great stuff

Comment

Froch was class as a fighter and he's class as a commentator too. Always seems to see something a little different to anyone else.

Comment

I respected Carl Froch as a real fighting man.

Still think he was the beneficiary of some blatant home cooking when Dirrell got robbed, though.

Comment

Froch was about that life. Animalistic approach to training. Zero fear in that ring.

Comment

Working...
                  X