Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maxi Hughes Embracing Underdog Status As The Vegas Lights Shine Brightly On His Clash With William Zepeda

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maxi Hughes Embracing Underdog Status As The Vegas Lights Shine Brightly On His Clash With William Zepeda

Maxi Hughes admits he had a pinch-me moment earlier this week after seeing his name up in lights on the famous Las Vegas strip
    [Click Here To Read More]

5 years ago maxi was fighting in small halls in 4 rounders so the way he's turned his career around to fighting at a high level at 135lbs is quite the achievement and thought he was very unlucky not to get the win over kambosos last time out. I don't think he'll beat zepeda on Saturday though I think he'll be to much for maxi and probably stop him in the later rounds after about 8-9

Comment

It’s a shame that he was robbed against Kambosos.
      pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Sic em Maxi. When he got his chance he made a beeline to the gold. He is on the road and in deep. Win lose or draw, he has grit.

Comment

Not exactly a big fight but descent enough to fill some void in a sport full of inactive fighters.
          Boxing should focus more on fighters with loses as they tend to be easier to deal with.
          And one loss or 2 should never define the end of a boxer's career.

Comment

100 % it will be better than the Shakur fight.

Comment

Fair play to maxi for getting here but I feel this is a bit like John Ryder a couple of months back a nice little run domestically ,respect in defeat under the bright lights then a nice payday but a beating to take him to the end of the road . Good luck maxi

Comment

Hughes put up a very good fight that coulda really gone his way against Kambosos and deserves a fight like this. It's just that his lack of power against a pressure fighter like Zepeda might really be his undoing here. If he can't get Zepeda to respect him, he's probably getting run over. He's gonna hafta really find a way to box like he's never boxed before if he wants to pull this one off. Should be a good scrap.

Comment

Working...
                X