Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Coach Cunningham Believes Stakes Are High For Tszyu and Thurman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Coach Cunningham Believes Stakes Are High For Tszyu and Thurman

Kevin Cunningham believes that both Keith Thurman and Tim Tszyu's legacies could be impacted by their upcoming fight. Thurman and Tszyu face each other on March 30 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Amazon Prime pay-per-view.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Longtime One Time fan, there's a big part of me that says he's got zero chance here. There's also a part of me that says he's got this KO within 4...

I dunno who to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Plick647 View Post
      Longtime One Time fan, there's a big part of me that says he's got zero chance here. There's also a part of me that says he's got this KO within 4...

I dunno who to believe.
      Believe the first part. I'm a fan of both fighters. I don't see Keith giving Tszyu any trouble. Age and inactivity don't ever help.
      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Thurman made a strange decision here. His name still brings a bit of cache with it. He could have used a fight or two to get back to whatever is his peak at this stage of his career. Tszyu is not unbeatable, but he is still improving and is scratching at his prime. Tszyu has been active, and seems focused. I think Thurman can be given resect for doing this, but it sure does not seem like a wise career move to me.

I think Tszyu scores a KO win as the ref or Thurman's corner saves him from himself later in the rounds.

Comment

final prediction: tszyu by close decision (115-113).

Comment

Originally posted by Plick647 View Post

I dunno who to believe.
            thurman hasn't stopped anyone in 9 years and hasn't straight KO'd anyone since he was a prospect
            pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Tim will stop thurman
              pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Many fans and pundits believe that Tszyu is much better than he actually is. I see a very basic, methodical fighter who overwhelms opponents with activity and sheer force of will. What happens when he can't impose his will on an opponent?

Comment

Well yeah, if Tim loses to Keith at this point his stock nosedives.

If Keith wins his career is massively revitalized.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
                    Well yeah, if Tim loses to Keith at this point his stock nosedives.

If Keith wins his career is massively revitalized.
                    Nothing to argue about that, its definitely a must win for both guys, Im waiting on the last few days and weigh in I want to see what they look like at the end, Thurman especially as to what shape he is in, I feel he needs to be in probably the best shape of his career to pull it off.

Comment

Working...
                    X