Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Admits Possible Benn-Pacquiao Fight In London Depends On Appeal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Admits Possible Benn-Pacquiao Fight In London Depends On Appeal

Conor Benn and Manny Pacquiao met face-to-face in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, last week, with initial reports that the pair and their representatives were in talks for a proposed fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sounds like the Saudis weren't interested. Hopefully Pacquiao's people talk him out of getting involved in this farce.

Hearn's desperation to get Benn a payday of some kind is boring. Match him with Stanionis and let's end the hype.

Comment

What the hell happened to the good old boxing days,? I've been watching since the early 70s and now I've watched less boxing than ever before. The whole culture including the pussification of many of the boxers has me losing interest fast. Sad
      ifc ifc Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

It would attract a big crowd in England, for sure. But Benn is not cleared to fight there, so Saudi is obvious venue.

I don't know what Pacman has left, but didn't seem sharp against Ugas, and that was a while ago.

Also, I'd like to know, did Benn undergo testing by Vada for his two previous fights out of the UK? I ask, because in boxing, most of the tests are pretty easy to pass, as per tests by, for eg. Nevada State Athletic Commission.
        Last edited by Liondw; 03-14-2024, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
          Sounds like the Saudis weren't interested. Hopefully Pacquiao's people talk him out of getting involved in this farce.

Hearn's desperation to get Benn a payday of some kind is boring. Match him with Stanionis and let's end the hype.
          Hearn is trying to recoup his signing bonus he paid Benn and the losses of marketing expenses for the failed test fight versus Eubank. He could give two shhh about Benn and how much money Benn makes at this point. He had brook save him the loss of millions by fighting ggg in place of Eubank, this is somewhat a similar stop gap measure. In the end he gets a guy who maybe takes an L but made him his money back and can likely give dazn one or two more fights riding the wave of a pacquiao bout.

Comment

He will take a backdated 2 year uk ban and fight again in the uk this year

Comment

Great publicity for Benn even if no fight in the end. Same as Eubanks Crawford announcement. Hmmmmm......could that be it??!?!

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

Maybe the Saudis have learned and don’t want to be in the red like blavatnik

Comment

just ring up bumgardner and ask how she managed to do it, there needs to be fairness across the board

Comment

When Eddy humbles himself, we know he hit a brick wall. Egg man not wanted. But, but, Eddy can sell zombies in Saudi Arabia. Even the Saudis know, the more crap you buy from Eddy, the more crap he'll sell you.

Comment

Working...
                    X