Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Heavyweight Contender Fabio Wardley Confident Of Getting An Early Night Against "Toughest Test" Frazer Clarke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Heavyweight Contender Fabio Wardley Confident Of Getting An Early Night Against "Toughest Test" Frazer Clarke

British and Commonwealth heavyweight champion Fabio Wardley (17-0, 16KOs) vowed to maintain his knockout streak when he faces Frazer Clarke (8-0, 6KOs) on March 31.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Both Wardley and Clarke are British/European level fighters I don't see either of them really been a top level fighter. Wardley says his record speaks for himself his best two wins are Gorman and Molina nothing to write home about.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
      Both Wardley and Clarke are British/European level fighters I don't see either of them really been a top level fighter. Wardley says his record speaks for himself his best two wins are Gorman and Molina nothing to write home about.
      Agree.

I like these type of fights they do on the regular in the UK, unlike in the US where these two probably wouldn't be fighting til at least a belt group mando was on the line, but idk that either of these two have high ceilings.

Comment

With names like Fury, Usyk, Joshua, Parker & Hrgovic in the immediate equation + the strong possibility's of rematches the World championship belts are likely to be out of the Wardley/Clarke winner for quite some time. So I'm hoping for the good of sport the victor will go on to win the Lonsdale belt outright, defend the Commonwealth title against Justis Huni & challenge for, win & return the once prestigious European (EBU) crown back to it's former status. So there's plenty of good options for the winner without dreaming of un-realistic World championship contests for a while!!....
        Willow The Wisp Willow The Wisp likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Agree.

I like these type of fights they do on the regular in the UK, unlike in the US where these two probably wouldn't be fighting til at least a belt group mando was on the line, but idk that either of these two have high ceilings.
          Tbh Wardley's been pro since 2016 he should really be fighting a top 10 contender by now, his got decent power but not a great defense and his been protected in my humble opinion. I've not seen anything from him that tells me he will be top fighter but we wait and see.

Comment

Tbh Wardley's been pro since 2016 he should really be fighting a top 10 contender by now, his got decent power but not a great defense and his been protected in my humble opinion. I've not seen anything from him that tells me he will be top fighter but we wait and see.
            I checked (at least on Boxrec) and he will have turned pro 7 yrs next month. I know he has done some white collar boxing, but didnt know he has been a pro this long...I thougnt he turned pro three years ago...,maybe his people know something.

Comment

I'm an American and I like Wardley, however with improved defense and flexibility I can see him having great opportunities on all levels and I will pick him to win this fight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BritJimbo View Post

I checked (at least on Boxrec) and he will have turned pro 7 yrs next month. I know he has done some white collar boxing, but didnt know he has been a pro this long...I thougnt he turned pro three years ago...,maybe his people know something.
                He had no amateur background so has gradually raised through the levels after turning pro - learning on he job. He's not obviously elite quality - but by being good and consistent over a long period you can achieve greatness.

Comment

Since he was learning on the job I got less of a problem with his timeline to more threatening opps. If he had 200 am fights or something his trajectory would be more of an issue to me. Definitely a guy with very clear & exploitable flaws for any legit prospect or contender to use against him.

Agree he's not gonna be a top guy. I think with clever matchmaking maaaaaayyybbbeeee he can get into the bottom top ten, but his ceiling is probably not far from where he is rn. Top 20ish.

Comment

Too much negatively about the observence of "exploitable flaws" and such, for me. I like what I see with Wardley and Clarke.
                    Both upcommers are well groomed.

Rememder also that in recent times, being among the best in Britain is synonymous with being among the best in the world, so there's that.

Producing great fighters born in the US, where I am from, faces two challenges.

One, there are much easier ways to make a good living here, for anyone and everyone. More jobs here than people, and nobody who is even marginally able needs to be without one.

Two, the urban street kids, long the primary demographic from whom fighters are sourced, all have a gun today, so their ability to actually fight has atrophied tremendously over the last 30-40 years.

In the U.S., the days when a young man would bring himself up to fortune with his wits and his grit because no easy path was available, are over and done with.

Otherwise, we might instead be discussing two hot prospects cum fringe contenders from Cleveland vs. Houston.​

Comment

Working...
                    X