Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Top Rank Signs Christian Mbilli to Co-Promotional Pact With Eye of the Tiger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Top Rank Signs Christian Mbilli to Co-Promotional Pact With Eye of the Tiger

[Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 03-12-2024, 11:13 AM.

Just what Mbilli needed! To fun of a fighter not to be more recognized! Let's go
    Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardi View Post
      Just what Mbilli needed! To fun of a fighter not to be more recognized! Let's go
      The issue is that Top Rank doesn't have any contenders for Mbilli to fight.

Comment

Probably should have signed with pbc in terms of others to fight in his weight class but I hope he make a few bob out of this signing and I hope top rank works with pbc to get him some names.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

The issue is that Top Rank doesn't have any contenders for Mbilli to fight.
          I think hes #1 ranked in 2 belt groups. He's probably gonna have a Canelo fight or vacant belt fight at some point so his name is gonna get a lil bigger off of Canelo or potentially a belt. Don't gotta chase mfers down when you got better name value.

As to the overall thread, great pickup by TR & I love Mbilli getting a lil more money behind his career. Hes probably one of the most fun to watch guys in boxing rn. Idk that Mbilli gots #1 168 guy potential but I think he touches a belt sooner or later (esp w/TR) & hes gonna be a fun watch whatever his ceiling ends up being.
          BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            Probably should have signed with pbc in terms of others to fight in his weight class but I hope he make a few bob out of this signing and I hope top rank works with pbc to get him some names.
            Pbc gots too many guys on the sidelines as is. Pbc isn't even putting David B above these OG PBC guys Haymon was trying to move up to 168 to fight Canelo. Wtf is Al gonna do for Mbilli??? Mbilli is super close to belt fight hes going get his big fight by mando &/or purse bid imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I think hes #1 ranked in 2 belt groups. He's probably gonna have a Canelo fight or vacant belt fight at some point so his name is gonna get a lil bigger off of Canelo or potentially a belt. Don't gotta chase mfers down when you got better name value.

As to the overall thread, great pickup by TR & I love Mbilli getting a lil more money behind his career. Hes probably one of the most fun to watch guys in boxing rn. Idk that Mbilli gots #1 168 guy potential but I think he touches a belt sooner or later (esp w/TR) & hes gonna be a fun watch whatever his ceiling ends up being.
              Mbilli is WBC/WBA #2 and IBF #3 and WBO #4. Highly ranked, but still some guys in front of him. TR should try to match him against Bazinyan, another highly-ranked contender. That'll give him the boost up the rankings he needs for a final eliminator or a vacant title shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Pbc gots too many guys on the sidelines as is. Pbc isn't even putting David B above these OG PBC guys Haymon was trying to move up to 168 to fight Canelo. Wtf is Al gonna do for Mbilli??? Mbilli is super close to belt fight hes going get his big fight by mando &/or purse bid imo.
                PBc might have protection around some of there other fighters and Bob will have Mb fight and often..... he will get fights n he needs fights he has style and talent but there is room for improvement there always is.............Arum grabbed him while he is still hot and not shot all good stuff.....Might get more exposure while TR does more ESPN fights that go out to more fans and potetential fans so there is that too........

Comment

Mbilli is WBC/WBA #2 and IBF #3 and WBO #4. Highly ranked, but still some guys in front of him. TR should try to match him against Bazinyan, another highly-ranked contender. That'll give him the boost up the rankings he needs for a final eliminator or a vacant title shot.
                  Erik B is definitely food for the other promising 168 guys on the rise. So yea thats not a bad fight to make.

Thing is EOT coulda made that fight for him already. He's an EOT guy. And EOT just signed Osley whos highly ranked too & imho one of the still lesser known dark horses at 168 rn. So they coulda made that fight without TR too. So I'm kinda expecting TR to look in other areas for opps then back to EOT.

Just my opinion. We shall see. I'm down for the ride regardless. Big fan of Mbilli so hope this move gives him the opportunities he deserves.
                  kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

well benavidez is wbc mandatory, morrell wba, scull ibf and munguia wbo. 3 of them are waiting for canelo and munguia is fighting canelo. so the only mandatory spot that he could grab would be wbo but there's no point. canelo fought wbo#1 last year and this year too while every other org's mandatory wasn't satisfied in years (ibf and wbc in 2021, wba in 2020). there's no point in undisputed champion if mandatories wait for 4 years...
                    if sanctioning bodies start stripping canelo or he vacates or retires, mbilli would automatically be benavidez's wbc mandatory. since that would be the biggest money fight mbilli could get, he doesn't need to fight anyobdy to make his ranking better. of course, there are other reasons to fight.
                    _Jordan_ _Jordan_ kiaba360 kiaba360 like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X