Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch: Anthony Joshua Showed That Tyson Fury Is in Decline

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl Froch: Anthony Joshua Showed That Tyson Fury Is in Decline

Carl Froch, who on Monday spoke at the Boxing Writers Club, believes that the one-sided nature of Anthony Joshua's victory over Francis Ngannou shows the extent of Tyson Fury's decline.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I completely agree, even if Fury was unprepared and unmotivated to face Ngannou, there's no way the so called "best heavyweight" of this era should look that way against a boxing debutant.

The fact is, the Fury who beat Klitschko is long gone and it looks like all the eating (blowing up in weight), drugs and alcohol is catching up to him.

Assuming they even fight in May - Usyk stops Fury between rounds 8 to 10. But let's say it does happen, Fury will try and outbox Usyk at the start, he'll realise it's not working and will decide to get close and try to lean on and bully him - but this just means Usyk will find it easier to land his quick combinations that Fury won't see coming and then it's the beginning of the end.

I just don't see what Fury did on the inside against Cunningham and Wilder working on Usyk.
    Last edited by Body the jab; 03-11-2024, 06:07 PM.

Comment

froch still milking ajs nut sac

Comment

Agreed.

People forget the man is going to be 36 years old this year.

He's had mental health, weight, drug/alcohol problem, and took on the biggest puncher in the division 3x.

This is the natural cycle of athletics.

Every once in a while, you'll get a Hopkins or a Archie Moore or a Foreman who gets better in their 30s & 40s, but for 90% of athletes, they're in decline by 34/35 years old.
        Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Maybe fury just had a bad day at office? Unlikely, but maybe? If Josh had of had a bad day at office against francis, then Josh mightve taken until the 7th round to ko francis.
          So Josh bad day would look better than fury s still
          Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Fury came in unmotivated, fat (fatter), and looked like he didn’t train more than a few weeks. No game plan (no film on opposition), and thought he would have some playtime with Francis. Didn’t know Ngannou was a pretty good boxer, very strong, in great shape and was in it to win it. He’ll be on top of his game and in great shape for Usyk no doubt in my mind. Hopefully Usyk wins though.

Comment

Lol at the Joyce burn to close the interview.

Comment

Fury nor Wilder are the same since their trilogy. It's like how Ali and Frazier were never the same after the Thrilla in Manila.

Comment

Originally posted by jikeccfc View Post
                  froch still milking ajs nut sac
                  Did you even read the article?

Comment

I think will see that if fury turns up in better shape and looks like crap still against usyk.. because I'm not believing what fury said that he trained hard for Ngannou fight. He turned up like he probably did 3 weeks training max but thought it would be fine because he gets rid of the guy in a round. Because the shape he was in going into the usyk fight before the postpoment he looked alot better physically like he actually did a proper camp.
                    Last edited by Boxing2695; 03-11-2024, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X