No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Briedis Has 'Surprises' For Opetaia In Saudi Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Briedis Has 'Surprises' For Opetaia In Saudi Rematch

Mairis Briedis has the chance to reclaim his cruiserweight crown when he rematches Jai Opetaia on the Tyson Fury-Oleksandr Usyk undercard on May 18.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If Breidis has anything left, this is a fun co-feature. Not to mention Briedis was a great challenge to Usyk when he was unifying for the CW division, so I dig the synergy.

Comment

39 yo Breidis.
      Mammoth Mammoth likes this.

Comment

Looking at the headline, I was just thinking, Saudi is the new Vegas for big fights.

Not saying this Opetai-Briedis II is a big fight, but in general, with Saudi.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
          Looking at the headline, I was just thinking, Saudi is the new Vegas for big fights.

Not saying this Opetai-Briedis II is a big fight, but in general, with Saudi.
          Saudi is the Vegas of fights that wouldn't be big fights in Vegas.

Comment

Worthwhile rematch.

Comment

I'd imagine Jai has a few surprises for Briedis too.

Looking forward to seeing who has the biggest surprise!

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Saudi is the Vegas of fights that wouldn't be big fights in Vegas.
                That statement could age badly - fighters go where the money is so unless Vegas ups the ante then I think eventually even the Crawfords and Spences will be tempted to Saudi.

Comment

the surprise is a tue weeks after the fight!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

That statement could age badly - fighters go where the money is so unless Vegas ups the ante then I think eventually even the Crawfords and Spences will be tempted to Saudi.
                    in the world of business the only colour is green. if saudi keep throwing the 100s of millions they currently are into various sports and events who will say no to them? In the end everyone goes to work to get paid, who wouldnt want to get few mill more foe the same amount of nights work? I cant see any boxer getting the saudi opportunity turning it down regardless of who it is.
                    Last edited by super-x; 03-11-2024, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X