No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sportswashing, Long Nights and Unexpected Matchups

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sportswashing, Long Nights and Unexpected Matchups

By Kieran Mulvaney - When Anthony Joshua put Francis Ngannou to sleep in the early hours of the morning in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia over the weekend, he almost certainly prompted some relief among boxing devotees anxious about the MMA fighter showing the same kind of success that he had against Tyson Fury a few months ago.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 03-10-2024, 07:53 PM.

Brilliant, straight-to-the-point(s) article.

Comment

Funny how this long azz card was still made for prime time in North America
      And they say they don’t need the west
      lmfao

Comment

It would be sad is fighting because he needs the money

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
          Funny how this long azz card was still made for prime time in North America
          And they say they don’t need the west
          lmfao
          the biggest boxing market is the USA - i just makes sense where possible to get those viewers on board

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

the biggest boxing market is the USA - i just makes sense where possible to get those viewers on board
            Brother nobody in North America thought they would watch this live
            Explaining why there were two ppv
            One live and one scheduled for hours later
            Just sayin’

Comment

Honestly no one on boxing can complain about Saudi money. The sport has been corrupt for years. This is just the natural end point for boxing. It's not even really a sport tbh. There's 5 world champions per division and fighters avoid difficult fighters to keep the money rolling in.
              SteveM SteveM likes this.

Comment

after a while you start to turn away from a lot of boxing cards anymore, over the weekend these cards the games to make the Josh/N- fight seem important to boxing or is it impotent to boxing was staged from the begining. First the Fury fiasco then lets really make some money off this Ng guy double down on those that want to witness these bouts. Even for free and in a way they were to be had i passed on the card. Writer talks about how or who 7/8 hours of streach time-- well how else can Dumbzone try to influence a few more scripts and attempt to take over the boxing (un)conscious on a weekend. Man if you can sell it go ahead but it dont tell me it is important to boxing Impotent sure important no..............

Comment

There is something quite despicable about the matching of an online sensation with virtually no skills against a former great who is clearly way past it. I also think Paul v Tyson is another lousy fight.

Comment

Nice writings!

I'd like to see Mike Tyson take on both Paul brothers in alternating rounds and beat the living snot out of both.

MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X