Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury: 'A Boxer Did What He Should Do to an MMA Fighter'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury: 'A Boxer Did What He Should Do to an MMA Fighter'

WBC heavyweight world champion Tyson Fury has praised Anthony Joshua (28-3, 25 KOs) following the former two-time unified world heavyweight champion's stunning second-round knockout win over Francis Ngannou (0-2) on Friday in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This implies that Tyson Fury is a shameless fraud. He couldn't do to a MMA fighter what a top tier boxer should have done. Tyson Fury is by far the most overrated boxer in the history of the sport.

Comment

Joshua vs Martin Bakole will be a good matchup and exciting to watch while it last.
      kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxviewer View Post
        This implies that Tyson Fury is a shameless fraud. He couldn't do to a MMA fighter what a top tier boxer should have done. Tyson Fury is by far the most overrated boxer in the history of the sport.
        Yeah... And he doesn't even know how terrible that statement is.

I watched the interview and was hoping the interviewer would make a follow-up statement on how ironic it was that he, Fury, couldn't do it. But the interviewer was perhaps too scared of pissing Fury off and didn't want to risk the chances of a future interview. He trailed into something else instead.

Comment

Tyson Fury simply overlooked Ngannu. A rematch may have looked different. This was a big money event, a circus act for Fury. He was very, very dismissive of Ngannu heading into the fight and he didn’t train like he would for let’s say a Deontay Wilder, Oleksandr Usyk, or Wladimir Klitschko.

Anthony Joshua had the advantage of witnessing this and not making the same mistake.

Anthony Joshua took this fight as if he was fighting a top 3 HW because looking good vs Tyson Fury made Ngannu just that in the eyes of many.

I know a lot of fans are showing a lot of hindsight bias but there was a lot of concern on whether Ngannu can catch a chinny Anthony Joshua and catch him Andy Ruiz style, or not. People were absolutely intrigued.

It’s easy to say now “Yeah, I knew all along that Ngannu didn’t stand a chance.” But there was absolutely intrigue in this matchup.

Comment

I would watch Canelo fighting UFC guy of his size in a boxing match.

Or Bivol or Beterbiev fighting UFC guy of their size in a boxing match. I wonder how would it go.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Tyson Fury simply overlooked Ngannu. A rematch may have looked different. This was a big money event, a circus act for Fury. He was very, very dismissive of Ngannu heading into the fight and he didn’t train like he would for let’s say a Deontay Wilder, Oleksandr Usyk, or Wladimir Klitschko.

Anthony Joshua had the advantage of witnessing this and not making the same mistake.

Anthony Joshua took this fight as if he was fighting a top 3 HW because looking good vs Tyson Fury made Ngannu just that in the eyes of many.

I know a lot of fans are showing a lot of hindsight bias but there was a lot of concern on whether Ngannu can catch a chinny Anthony Joshua and catch him Andy Ruiz style, or not. People were absolutely intrigued.

It’s easy to say now “Yeah, I knew all along that Ngannu didn’t stand a chance.” But there was absolutely intrigue in this matchup.
              Fury said he did train for the Ngannou fight and that Ngannou was just better than his team expected. And after getting knocked down it's not as though he woke up and dominated Ngannou afterwards, he clumsily plodded his way to a split decision. You're right about one thing, a rematch would look different. Fury would probably get KO'd.

Comment

AJs power vs Furys was the difference maker. Ngannous offence never got the chance to become a factor because his poor defence was exploited by a guy who had the power to make him pay dearly for it.

Comment

Originally posted by sege64 View Post

Fury said he did train for the Ngannou fight and that Ngannou was just better than his team expected. And after getting knocked down it's not as though he woke up and dominated Ngannou afterwards, he clumsily plodded his way to a split decision. You're right about one thing, a rematch would look different. Fury would probably get KO'd.
                  Yeah it's funny how Fury is believed when he is allegedly seriously training and looks abysmal aka fits a narrative.

But all other times he can't be trusted, he's a compulsive liar etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

I put a small bet on ngannou in the hopes he could land sheerly because of his performance against fury but that wasn't due to me thinking he was that great it was more me doubting myself that Fury was as bad as I thought he was because of all his fanboys claiming he's the best thing since sliced bread

we all doubt ourselves sometimes but i knew fury has only fought two major fights,one of which was against a wladimir that looked shocking against byrant jennings the fight prior and the other against wilder a guy who was gift a belt and defended it against a bunch of tomato cans

The media made fury out to be great because they made wilder out to be some sort of george foreman when he was more of a tommy morrison level fighter

(infact that's an insult to tommy morrison.rip)
                    Last edited by Stuntman Mike; 03-10-2024, 04:47 AM.
                    Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X