Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua: The Best Thing I Can Do Is Get Back to the Gym

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua: The Best Thing I Can Do Is Get Back to the Gym

Anthony Joshua was nonchalant, having despatched Francis Ngannou in crushing fashion in Saudi Arabia last night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That's right , staying busy is the key to success. Fight every chance that you get. He didn't even get hit so a fast turnaround is nothing . AJ's biggest problem was mental and attitudinal, it seems like he's resolved those issues. The guy is a physical beast, he should be steam rolling everyone in his path.
    ​​​

Comment

As always, we know a big part of the sport is mental... maybe the biggest part.
      Good to see him getting back his confidence.

Comment

Stay busy and fight somebody in summer, don`t wait on Fury - Usyk rematch winner.

That is what I expect it to be: Fury -Usyk winner drops IBF belt before the rematch. Joshua fights Hrgovic for vacant IBF belt. Parker rematches Zhang for WBO interim, which will become the real one in 2025.

Usyk and Fury have a rematch, if Fury is the winner, he fights Joshua in 2025. If Usyk is the winner, there is really no point in fighting Joshua.

If Hrgovic beats Joshua, Usyk maybe fights him ( if Usyk is still the champ).
        Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 03-09-2024, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
          Stay busy and fight somebody in summer, don`t wait on Fury - Usyk rematch winner.

That is what I expect it to be: Fury -Usyk winner drops IBF belt before the rematch. Joshua fights Hrgovic for vacant IBF belt. Parker rematches Zhang for WBO interim, which will become the real one in 2025.

Usyk and Fury have a rematch, if Fury is the winner, he fights Joshua in 2025. If Usyk is the winner, there is really no point in fighting Joshua.

If Hrgovic beats Joshua, Usyk maybe fights him ( if Usyk is still the champ).
          I am sure that this version of AJ beats Usyk, probably by ko. He got him in the ropes in round 9 of rematch and was unleashing his power on him but gassed very fast. This well conditioned and confident AJ would have taken him out. So, it does make sense for AJ to fight Usyk again if the possibility arises. It will be Usyk vs the best AJ.
          MaksBox MaksBox Castilo Castilo like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxviewer View Post

I am sure that this version of AJ beats Usyk, probably by ko. He got him in the ropes in round 9 of rematch and was unleashing his power on him but gassed very fast. This well conditioned and confident AJ would have taken him out. So, it does make sense for AJ to fight Usyk again if the possibility arises. It will be Usyk vs the best AJ.
            Actually watch rd 9, he was punching air which is why he gassed. Turn off the bias commentary we had in th UK and you'll see. Rd 10 Usyk hurt Aj alot more. Fight 1 Aj was sat on the ropes a beaten man, ruined saved by an early bell.
            Aj just throwing power looses 8-4 to Usyk just like the first 2. How about Aj actually fight's a contender for once? Who's he ever beaten?
            Ajs only confident because he's fighting cans & old men though Usyk himself is ageing rapidly.

Personally i hope Usyk beats Fury twice & retires splintering all the belts. I'm sick of this entitled to delusional generation.
            Last edited by Bob; 03-09-2024, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxviewer View Post

Usyk already beat Joshua twice. No excuses needed. I don`t buy this sh.it about the best version. We won`t just forget 2 losses.

Comment

Joshua should rematch Parker after the Zhang II.. Or, better go for Hrgovic. The option for him now is really thin.

If he wants to go in the direction of money and the fight that may interest fans, he should look at the direction of Wilder. There's still money in that fight
                landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

If anyone thinks this is the best version of Joshua or he's back then you need to get your head out of your a55!. He is getting way too much credit here for these wins only because Fury struggled with Wallin & Ngganou. He got touched up by Helenius & had a workmanlike effort over Franklin. Just look at who Parker beat in his last 2 fights. If Fury beats Usyk all this Joshua is back stuff will look pretty stupid considering he lost to Usyk twice. The bottom line is Fury took Ngganou lightly & I don't care what any hater says. Fury should have smashed Ngganou. He dodged a bullet & we will see if Fury is done at the top level & his lifestyle caught up to him or he is still the best HW on the planet. Until the Fury/Usyk fight is done everything is on hold until then.
                  landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Needs to be a good opponent next. I totally understood the need to rebuild his confidence, reputation and perhaps work on a few things. But it's served it's purpose now. A Top 15 opponent next I hope. Hrgovic, Parker if he becomes available, Dubois, Kabayel, Anderson, Sanchez.

When's the 5v5 thing? AJ-Dubois makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                    X