Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Francis Ngannou on Anthony Joshua KO Shot: 'That Was a Clean One'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Francis Ngannou on Anthony Joshua KO Shot: 'That Was a Clean One'

Francis Ngannou dusted himself off to attend last night's post-fight press conference after his second-round knockout loss to Anthony Joshua.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 03-09-2024, 04:48 PM.

Alternative highlights

https://youtu.be/BvruM97hvDA?si=AETs8ihpyNNbB9Sc

Comment

Not only was it a clean one, it's already an early candidate for KO of the Year. Congrats to AJ, glad to see this more composed, focused version of him.

Comment

I'm glad he's okay.

Most often, it's less damaging getting knocked out early with one punch, than taking constant punishment for twelve rounds.

Ngannou doesn't have to box again, he made millions. He could, I guess, get another lucrative fight, and the mma fight with Jon Jones, if Dana doesn't get in the way.
        Monty Fisto Monty Fisto likes this.

Comment

Got to respect Ngannou for turning up to the press conference. I think Joshua has done that himself after losses too. So many fighters just don't go out there now

I predicited Joshua would win in 5 rounds but didn't expect that! Maybe AJ saw the Zhang Parker fighter and how easy Parker got put down with the weight difference and realized he didn't want to spend long around Ngannou!

Also really wasn't happy about the 3rd Knockdown. Nagnnou - a low level boxer - shouldn't have really been in there with a boxer who punches hard. I think for this fight - Wallin would have been a great choice. I think Wallin would have won but it would have been a better and safer fight for Francis. Those 3 knockdowns have probably wiped out Ngannou's boxing confidence and they could have worse effects too.

Let's hope this is the end of these freak fights. Thank god it was a huge guy with a huge neck who took those punches..... it was amazing to see AJ look so small in there compared to Ngannou.

Comment

Dang AJ cracked the chin didn’t see that coming that was nuts

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post
              Not only was it a clean one, it's already an early candidate for KO of the Year. Congrats to AJ, glad to see this more composed, focused version of him.
              Have to give it to Ben Davidson he seems to get the most out of his fighters

Joshua has always had daft power , seems the mental side of him has been lacking on occasions

Brutal ko . Love to see it
              juanpablo juanpablo likes this.

Comment

Inspiring life story with Ngannou and I 'll root for him in anything else but please the boxing experiment is over. You got your paydays which most boxing lifers will never see so now go to what you do best, which is MMA. Enough of all this am not done with boxing. If so, start at the bottom and work your way up instead of trying to get these easy paydays. Joshua did exactly what was suppose to happen to a novice coming into their territory, something should have done. With that brutal KO, hopefully he understands now that Boxing is not as easy as he thinks.
                TMLT87 TMLT87 likes this.

Comment

Wish nothing but the best for Ngannou, He still a powerful striker in mma its just boxing whole different deal. The man is pretty much set financially just with 2 boxing matches.

Comment

Buzzing for Ngannou making all this cash when Dana final words to Francis were you will NEVER earn more than I offered you. And look at him now.

I am also super happy Joshua did what fury should of done. I aren’t sure if this means Joshua would beat fury but it sure told me that at this stage, Joshua is far more professional and seems to be much hungrier for success in the ring than Tyson fury does right now.

I’ve always been on the fence but leaning towards the fury side always. The tide is turning though.
                    Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X