Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ishe Smith, 'Stitch' Among 2024 Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame Inductees

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ishe Smith, 'Stitch' Among 2024 Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame Inductees

Former 154-pound titlist Ishe Smith joins cutman Jacob "Stitch" Duran, former welterweight champion Zab Judah and champions-turned-commentators Timothy Bradley and Shawn Porter in the Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame class of 2024.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Boxing HOF is a joke. Participation award, ishe was awarded this because he had a rough life?? He had 11 loses. HOF?! With those standards how many inductees are there, 20 million?

Comment

Originally posted by Tmoney84 View Post
      Boxing HOF is a joke. Participation award, ishe was awarded this because he had a rough life?? He had 11 loses. HOF?! With those standards how many inductees are there, 20 million?
      Nevada Hall of Fame isn't the same as the IBHOF. He's probably worthy of being in Nevada Hall of Fame for being one of the few champions from the state ever.

Comment

Its the NV Boxing HOF not the IBHOF.

Generally the NV Boxing HOF put ppl in who've had big moments in fights in NV or were born here. Ishe was born in Las Vegas & he was the first Las Vegas born belt holder.

Comment

When I think of Ishe, I see him crying hard with snot coming out of his nose, and saying, "I was gonna kill myself"... Ishe "Crybaby" Smith, congratulations

Comment

Nevada, not international. His background story and the ability to come back from all that to win a world title at an advanced age along with possibly being one of the extremely few people whose actually from there to become a champion is worthy to them for him to be locked in. If you came from a great background where you were well off and taken care of, count your blessings my man. Not many folks can come back from dark times to be able accomplish a life's dream. Even moreso with 11 L's on his record. Power to em.

Comment

Ishe was the first ever Las Vegas world champion right?

He deserves it. Fair play to him.

Comment

Most HO''F''s are useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post

Nevada, not international. His background story and the ability to come back from all that to win a world title at an advanced age along with possibly being one of the extremely few people whose actually from there to become a champion is worthy to them for him to be locked in. If you came from a great background where you were well off and taken care of, count your blessings my man. Not many folks can come back from dark times to be able accomplish a life's dream. Even moreso with 11 L's on his record. Power to em.
                  None of that should qualify a person to share the same room with guys like May, Hearns, SRL, SRR....Boxers who SUSTAINED excellence and not because they were born in a particular place

If Ishe is a HOFer, everyone is.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

None of that should qualify a person to share the same room with guys like May, Hearns, SRL, SRR....Boxers who SUSTAINED excellence and not because they were born in a particular place

If Ishe is a HOFer, everyone is.
                    That's not for you to judge. That's for the commission from that state who know the history of that state to decide. It's the NEVADA HOF, not the INTERNATIONAL BOXING HOF. Forget sustained excellence. That man won a world title in a brutal sport where most guys don't even sniff TV time, let alone get to that level after going thru personal struggles that alot of folks don't come back and succeed from is excellence in itself. Literally clarified it in my last comment and still commented like it you ain't read anything at all. Sound like one of these dudes who've never struggled a day in your life. Like I said, count your blessings. Not everybody had it easy like you sound like you do.​
                    messi807 messi807 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X