No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Ready for Rematch With Zhilei Zhang

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Ready for Rematch With Zhilei Zhang

Joseph Parker confirmed he is to fight Zhilei Zhang again later in 2024 after outpointing his rival to win the WBO interim heavyweight title
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 03-08-2024, 09:09 PM.

Oh no not another rematch. No one wants that

Comment

NNNNOOOO. THAT SUCKED. Parker won and deserved it, but his style robbed the fight of fun. The viewership of a rematch should be 2 - their moms.
      Goatintheboat Goatintheboat likes this.

Comment

Not like either of them.has a better opponent lined up. The knockdowns will be enough to.get people interested. Maybe. I guess.

Comment

This was a decent scrap, but aside from the knockdowns, Parker showed his class for most of the fight. Zhang's size and power were a problem early, but he looked like he wasn't in great shape and gassed out towards the end. But then again, he is 40 and he can only do so much before his age creeps in the longer the fight goes. Wouldn't mind it again, but Parker should move on to bigger and better things. He's been on a roll lately and should let Zhang earn his back to a rematch.
          mrbig1 mrbig1 likes this.

Comment

Not a great fight but the rematch clause was in place on contract signing. I think Zhang came in way too heavy at 21st and he'll shed the pounds for part 2 but Parker will feel confident going forward.

Comment

I think Zhang should fight somebody else. Go fight and beat somebody like Lenier Pero, Ajagba, McKean. Better boxers usually do it even better in a rematch and Parker is better boxer than Zhang.
              Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 03-09-2024, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Parker is a very, very good fighter, but his ceiling is obvious. An AJ rematch would be interesting, but he'd have no shot against Fury or Usyk.

Comment

Parker has now beaten Wilder and Zhang in successive fights. Is the only HW guy fighting top fighters at the moment!

That weight difference was a real problem for Parker. I expect Zhang to come in a bit lighter next time. But still pick Parker to win. He has more experience against good fighters and a better engine than 40 year old Zhang.​

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post
                  Parker is a very, very good fighter, but his ceiling is obvious. An AJ rematch would be interesting, but he'd have no shot against Fury or Usyk.
                  Why not Fury? Fury struggled against Wallin. Also Fury is looking old to me. He couldn't really adjust against Ngannou to do anything other than survive. A lot of people thought he lost that fight. Fury also very very rarely fights top-10 fighters so people think he is better than he is
                  Calibaloc Calibaloc likes this.

Comment

these rematch clauses are getting old. it wasnt even a title fight, i dont want to watch that again

Comment

Working...
                    X