No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Raymond Ford: I Would Unify Against Nick Ball

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Raymond Ford: I Would Unify Against Nick Ball

Raymond Ford will be more invested than most when he watches Nick Ball challenge Rey Vargas for the WBC World Featherweight title - he'll be rooting for a Ball win to set up a unification battle
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 03-08-2024, 08:44 AM.

Bruh, you were just saying you had to move to 130, after the fight! Now you wanna starve for the bag! That's how you get hurt! Go after Lamont Roach, or O'Shaquie Foster!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      Bruh, you were just saying you had to move to 130, after the fight! Now you wanna starve for the bag! That's how you get hurt! Go after Lamont Roach, or O'Shaquie Foster!
      He is scared of Foster, Divino, and Lopez.
      He prefers the boy from the UK. More money less risk.

Comment

Genuinely never seen Nick Ball fight.

Comment

That's the risk he's willing to take for bigger money + unification. He doesn't have leverage at 130. Why would Roach face non-titlist Ford when he could unify with Foster and potentially make more money? Ford wasn't a serious asset for Matchroom prior to beating Kholmatov, so I doubt they'll be paying Roach more than TR would. TR won the purse bid for Kholmatov/Ford.

Ball vs. Ford is the right move for all parties. Hopefully Ball beats the brakes off Vargas.
          Last edited by kiaba360; 03-08-2024, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            Essentially the Mike Tyson of the division: short, stocky, explosive pressure fighter. The height difference between him and Vargas is comical. I see both guys having trouble landing on each other because of the height difference.
            Last edited by kiaba360; 03-08-2024, 08:29 AM.
            Sparked_26 Sparked_26 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              He's pretty good. Very short but very relentless and explosive. He's put some serious beatings on some fighters. Not your typical upright European fiighter around those weights.

That said, even though he beat Dogboe comfortably, you could see how the experience and timing of Dogboe was able to catch Ball coming in and affect his balance at times. Maybe a fresher and better fighter than Dogboe could exploit it.

Ball is a good watch though. I don't think many fighters will fancy a toe to toe with him once they get in the ring.

Comment

Nice! Cheers boys will look forward to it.

Doesnt sound like a typical British fighter for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

That's the risk he's willing to take for bigger money + unification. He doesn't have leverage at 130. Why would Roach face non-titlist Ford when he could unify with Foster and potentially make more money? Ford wasn't a serious asset for Matchroom prior to beating Kholmatov, so I doubt they'll be paying Roach more than TR would. TR won the purse bid for Kholmatov/Ford.

Ball vs. Ford is the right move for all parties. Hopefully Ball beats the brakes off Vargas.
                  I get it, but he barely won his last fight, complaining about the weight cut, so now he's going to try it again??? Don't think it's a wise move!

Comment

I get it, but he barely won his last fight, complaining about the weight cut, so now he's going to try it again??? Don't think it's a wise move!
                    He was also inactive for 11 months, which could've made the weight-cut worse. I think he's only entertaining a stay at 126 for the 5 vs. 5 card. If Ball wins, he'll most likely stay and start cutting weight asap. if Vargas wins, he'll move up.
                    Last edited by kiaba360; 03-08-2024, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X