Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. On Fury-Usyk: 'A Good Big Man Usually Beats Good Small Man'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. On Fury-Usyk: 'A Good Big Man Usually Beats Good Small Man'

Roy Jones Jr. famously moved up from light heavyweight to heavyweight in 2003, conceded 33 pounds to fight John Ruiz, and still scored a unanimous decision victory to become a titleholder in the sport's glamor division. In the fight for undisputed heavyweight supremacy on May 18 between Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk, the matchup between titans will feature a serious size discrepancy.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yeah but fury is shot his knees don't work.

Fury calls people stiff dosser, you want to talk about stiff, let's talk about Fury's knees!

Comment

Yeah but Fury is not that good to begin with. A big good man wouldn't struggle with Ufc guy.

Comment

Usyk is not very good, he's special. Fury is very good but his main weapon is the fact that he's a giant. He literally ballooned up to 400lbs outside of boxing.
        sirculturevulture sirculturevulture likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
          Usyk is not very good, he's special. Fury is very good but his main weapon is the fact that he's a giant. He literally ballooned up to 400lbs outside of boxing.
          Fury in his prime was a special fighter.

He beat klitschko by using a totally different gameplan of moving and psyching Wlad out with feints and ring generalship.
          ​​​
          A 6 foot 8 man who can move like that, fight inside and out, fight going backwards or forwards, mix up his shots and put combinations together, excellent jab, excellent stamina, excellent recovery when hit.

This isn't nikolai valuev we are talking about here and "he's only good because he's big" is such a casual comment.

Usyk has less dimensions to his game than Fury. And I'll usually pick the guy with more strings to his bow.

BUT

Fury has ballooned up and down in weight, abused his body with drugs and alcohol and I don't think at this stage he can beat a super athlete like Usyk.

But....

I picked against him vs Wlad and Wilder 2 as well.
          Last edited by Atypicalbrit; 03-05-2024, 02:51 AM.
          Hooded Terror Hooded Terror likes this.

Comment

Yes, but a great smaller fighter can beat a good or even great bigger fighter.

The smaller fighter doesn't have to knock out the bigger man, a points victory is also fine.

At first I thought Fury wins no doubt, but lately I can see that Usyk has a good chance of winning, if they do fight.

An edge to Fury, but obviously he can't fight as he did against Ngannou, as then he'd lose.

Comment

Fury ballooning for his entire career taking drugs and drinking is going to catch up to him sooner or later.

The fact he picked up sugar as a trainer is because his legs are shot imo and he's got away with it because he's been fighting walking punching bags since his comeback or the "catch up" would've been exposed already, Usyk wide UD or late stoppage.

Comment

Usually that’s true but a guy with dreams sometimes win

Comment

I give Usyk a good shot to win this one. Fury is neither explosive nor does he have "one-hitter-quiter" type of power. If he does not come in the best shape and does not stay focused during the entire fight, he will lose the fight.

Comment

It's not size. It's who's better. If fury beats usyk it's because he's better. Josh lost to usy k as usyk for now is better. If Josh fought usyk two more times Josh might win and be deemed better.

Comment

Working...
                    X