Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: From Ford's Late KO To Serrano's Self KO, There's Nothing Quite Like Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: From Ford's Late KO To Serrano's Self KO, There's Nothing Quite Like Boxing

To have a relationship with boxing is to have a love-hate relationship with boxing. Those are the rules
    [Click Here To Read More]

Perfect title for the article. There is nothing like the unbelievable drama of a fight like Fords. And there is nothing like the bizarre side, with a fight getting cancelled the way it did, and Jake Paul fighting a guy with less skill than Toro Moreno. If you dont know who Toro Moreno is please look him up. Great article Mr. Raskin.
    Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Paint's a totally different picture on Kholmatov. He fought half the damn fight in excruciating pain from his knee. And he still won by four rounds. Tough SOB.
      Last edited by Theshotyoudontsee; 03-04-2024, 09:12 AM.
      Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post
        Paint's a totally different picture on Kholmatov. He fought half the damn fight in excruciating pain from his knee. And he still won by four rounds. Tough SOB.
        I didn't buy it when I read that, though will accept it if it officially comes out. If a man had a torn ACL, I HIGHLY doubt he'd move as much as he did. I also don't recall at any point in the fight in the corners or anything that it was ever brought up or mentioned. I'm not sure if that's just their fight losing excuse, but you still can't take anything away from Ford. He didn't know about that if it was true. He continued to press until he finally had his man hurt. Was an awesome win considering he was trailing on the cards.
        kjeeze941 kjeeze941 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by gjakovic View Post
          Perfect title for the article. There is nothing like the unbelievable drama of a fight like Fords. And there is nothing like the bizarre side, with a fight getting cancelled the way it did, and Jake Paul fighting a guy with less skill than Toro Moreno. If you dont know who Toro Moreno is please look him up. Great article Mr. Raskin.
          outstanding first post & well worth the 6 yr wait too

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post

I didn't buy it when I read that, though will accept it if it officially comes out. If a man had a torn ACL, I HIGHLY doubt he'd move as much as he did. I also don't recall at any point in the fight in the corners or anything that it was ever brought up or mentioned. I'm not sure if that's just their fight losing excuse, but you still can't take anything away from Ford. He didn't know about that if it was true. He continued to press until he finally had his man hurt. Was an awesome win considering he was trailing on the cards.
            I knew he screwed it up when he stepped backwards and his leg obviously gave out. He stopped moving nearly as well but kept on trying.

I give Ford credit for the win in that he went for it in the 12th. Knowing he was fighting a guy with a bad leg who couldn't move well makes it alot less impressive. Like to see a rematch, but Ford won't want to fight him again.

Good fight. Hate to see injuries like that mid fight.

Comment

"This is boxing. Appealing and appalling in equal measure, ready to flip from the purest sport to the poorest excuse for a sport at any moment."

Facts

Comment

It's not Ford fault Matov had an injury going into the fight.
                kjeeze941 kjeeze941 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                  It's not Ford fault Matov had an injury going into the fight.
                  In the old days, this would be the type of fight where Ford would demand a rematch, as he was getting beat up by a one legged man. He'd ask for the rematch to prove he is the better fighter and leave no doubt.

I doubt Ford does that. Again credit for him going for it in the 12th, but it was obvious Kholmatov was really having leg issues and Ford likely that Ford realized he had the upper hand.

Like to see a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post

My wife has been maxing her AF PFT for years on a torn ACL. Several seasons of skiing too. Finally got it replaced a few months ago, and it was apparently gone as if it was never there. You can perform quite a lot on a bad ACL tear. I know plenty of guys who have deployed and done full combat tours with torn ACLs. It's not the sort of injury that necessarily prevents you from moving the way you want to.

Comment

Working...
                    X