No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ngannou Aware Of The Weight Of Increased Expectation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ngannou Aware Of The Weight Of Increased Expectation

For all of Francis Ngannou's incredible physical attributes, he may have lost the one component that made him so dangerous against Tyson Fury - the element of surprise
    [Click Here To Read More]

I feel bad for Francis. No disrespect, but Fury is a nut, always clowning. AJ doesn't operate like that, he's loaded for bear.

Comment

I am afraid that Francis Ngannou's 5 minutes of fame is about to come to an end. AJ is going to take him ito deep water and drown him. We saw him gassed after 3 rounds vs Greedy Belly. AJ by KO in 6 or 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
        I feel bad for Francis. No disrespect, but Fury is a nut, always clowning. AJ doesn't operate like that, he's loaded for bear.
        Fury wasn’t clowning he would always have a hard time with Ngannou bc he’s not a direct power puncher ,you need to be to keep this guy off you .That’s just a fact unless possibly your a Usyk ? Which is only one one him .

Joshua has the luxury of size , power and skill that’s why he should make it look easy and why we’ve already seen how he handles guys much easier then Fury does with just the Wallin fight , unless Fury cruises through Usyk can one make a claim he would handle certain boxers better but it hasn’t really happened yet . One will argue Klitchko but that was a Joshua going for the knockout which he got , Fury ran from the Klitschko rematch knowing it was going to be a much harder fight and wanted no part of it .
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-04-2024, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

Fury wasn’t clowning he would always have a hard time with Ngannou bc he’s not a direct power puncher ,you need to be to keep this guy off you .That’s just a fact unless possibly your a Usyk ? Which is only one one him .

Joshua has the luxury of size , power and skill that’s why he should make it look easy and why we’ve already seen how he handles guys much easier then Fury dues with just the Wallin fight , unless Fury cruises through Usyk can one make a claim he would handle certain boxers better but it hasn’t really happened yet .
          I agree with a lot of this, although I do think Fury could have had an easier time of it if he wasn't a flabby mess.

Ngannou wasn't really coming forward that effectively, he sort of trundled forward yes but he wasn't a swarming pressure fighter and I think had fury been lighter he could have boxed and moved more effectively, instead we got a fat lump vs a muscle lump.

On to AJ, I dunno man I just do not think Ngannou is going to go over easy, like I just can't envision it.

If AJ pitches a masterclass of stiff jab, controlling range, dropping the right hand in then maybe after several rounds of this I can see Ngannous legs wobbling after eating multiple right hands.

But I think AJ is going to find it very difficult to chop this guy down without taking something back, Ngannou has longer arms than AJ and has proven effective with counters. AJ's punch resistance is very poor as well I think Ngannou can hurt him with merely a cuffing shot on the counter.

I'm not confident either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post

I agree with a lot of this, although I do think Fury could have had an easier time of it if he wasn't a flabby mess.

Ngannou wasn't really coming forward that effectively, he sort of trundled forward yes but he wasn't a swarming pressure fighter and I think had fury been lighter he could have boxed and moved more effectively, instead we got a fat lump vs a muscle lump.

On to AJ, I dunno man I just do not think Ngannou is going to go over easy, like I just can't envision it.

If AJ pitches a masterclass of stiff jab, controlling range, dropping the right hand in then maybe after several rounds of this I can see Ngannous legs wobbling after eating multiple right hands.

But I think AJ is going to find it very difficult to chop this guy down without taking something back, Ngannou has longer arms than AJ and has proven effective with counters. AJ's punch resistance is very poor as well I think Ngannou can hurt him with merely a cuffing shot on the counter.

I'm not confident either way.
            Fury doesn’t like fast paced fights or big guy’s pressuring him even Wlad walked him down the entire fight and hardly threw anything when he did he was winning . The problem is Furys vastly overrated and gets away with far to much so much he would have lost against Wallin had Wallin possessed any type of punching power up top .

You know a fighter is much better then given credit for if this forum is always harping on a particular fighter bc this forum mostly does things backwards and Ive seen this fir a good 9 years now . Had Wilder retired bf he fought Fury they’d be claiming he would have been unbeatable etc etc there was a good 4 yr time period on here with the Wilder crazies / Joshua haters on here the forum was unbearable ,if Fury were to retire I wouldn’t lose any sleep over that either but the fact is Joshua should make this look easy and stop Ngganou inside the distance anything else if it’s competitive or gies the distance it really shows Ngannou is a top guy but once again my bet is he’ll be called a bum if Joshua knocks him out fast .
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-04-2024, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

Fury doesn’t like fast paced fights or big guy’s pressuring him even Wlad walked him down the entire fight and hardly threw anything when he did he was winning . The problem is Furys vastly overrated and gets away with far to much so much he would have lost against Wallin had Wallin possessed any type of punching power up top .

You know a fighter is much better then given credit for if this forum is always harping on a particular fighter bc this forum mostly does things backwards and Ive seen this fir a good 9 years now . Had Wilder retired bf he fought Fury they’d be claiming he would have been unbeatable etc etc there was a good 4 yr time period on here with the Wilder crazies / Joshua haters on here the forum was unbearable ,if Fury were to retire I wouldn’t lose any sleep over that either but the fact is Joshua should make this look easy and stop Ngganou inside the distance anything else if it’s competitive or gies the distance it really shows Ngannou is a top guy but once again my bet is he’ll be called a bum if Joshua knocks him out fast .
              If Joshua knocks him out fast I'll give him a lot of credit for it, I think AJ has come under a lot of criticism lately not all of it fair, I see this as a risky fight so good on him.

Comment

It makes you wonder what mental gymnastics people are gonna have to resort to if AJ looks bad too or god forbid actually loses. Will it be "he was a bum too, Usyk or the 40 year old Chinese guy would have handled Ngannou easily"

Comment

It is very telling, that Ngannou demanded that this fight was a 10 round fight.

There is extra pressure in this fight, to actually box 'Because Joshua as a fighter? Does the basic fundamentals of the game extremely well'.

Joshua is a Olympic Champion, and two time World Heavyweight Champion 'Statistically Joshua is a very difficult fighter to win rounds against consistently'.

Joshua on average wins 90 to 95% of the rounds in all of his fights, against whoever he is fighting against 'The only opponents that have been able to win rounds against him somewhat consistently were Kiltschko, Uysk and Ruiz Junior I'.

Joshua eventually beat up and knocked out Kiltschko 'In the greatest Heavyweight title fight of the past 25 years, he avenged his loss to Ruiz Junior II and effectively won every single round almost'. Anthony Joshua fought in two competitive fights vs Oleksander Uysk, Joshua out of the two fighters improved the most in their rematch with his effort'.

The statistics of Anthony Joshua's last three fights go like this: Joshua won 95% of the rounds vs Franklin 'A Franklin who was 22 pounds lighter vs Joshua, than he was vs Dillian Whyte'. Joshua won 95% of the rounds vs Helenius and scored a knock-out, then Joshua fought Wallin won 100% of the rounds and forced a stoppage'.

You can go through Joshua's entire career, and the statistics for his fights are very similar for all of his wins 'Joshua also has always been competitive against all of his opponents, even on his worst fight night'.

People seem to like to pass over, that Joshua decked Ruiz Junior in their first fight, and even after being decked himself 'Joshua actually fought his way back into that fight, before being stopped on his feet with a smile on his face'. In retrospect, I don't really rate it as a abysmal loss 'It was a devastating loss, because of were Joshua was at in his career'.

I can sense that Joshua's critics, are all wanting Joshua 'To fight like a novice, and just wade forward vs Ngannou'. People want to see this kind of fight, because they know if they are honest? That Joshua within this era of Heavyweights, is a proven a very component boxer'.

Fury is a innately extremely clumsy fighter, who does not really have great boxing fundamentals in my opinion 'Fury is always going to give, a fighter with a punchers chance? A multitude of opportunities to whack him out'.

Fury has fought in this way his entire career 'Domestic level, European Level, World Level'.

Tyson Fury has been banged about, or decked at all levels 'The only fight for me, were Fury put it all together vs another World to Elite level Heavyweight skill for skill was Wladimir Kiltschko'.

Wladimir Kiltschko was a elite level heavyweight skill for skill with power 'Fury had to put it all together in that fight'. Wilder had elite power and determination, but Wilder his pure boxing skills are not elite level'.

Anybody who has studied Tyson Fury, knows that leading up to that fight 'He trained with a seriousness, and intimidation factor towards Kiltschko's power'.

Joshua's traits as a fighter, certain characteristics which people attempt to mock him for 'Are what actually is going to make this fight, a stylistically extremely difficult fight for Ngannou'.

Ngannou deserves respect as a combat fighter, and now as a professional boxer 'He deserves these big opportunities'.

Note: What I am sensing this week is that Ngannou's camp are completely spooked 'I am saying it right now, they are all spooked at the challenge in front of them' etc.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 03-04-2024, 09:26 AM.

Comment

He would eat straight jabs till rd 5. Gets stopped in Rd 8

Comment

Working...
                    X