No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ford 'Knew' He Needed Dramatic Knockout of Kholmatov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ford 'Knew' He Needed Dramatic Knockout of Kholmatov

Raymond Ford knew he couldn't risk leaving the outcome of his fight with Otabek Kholmatov in the hands of the judges
    [Click Here To Read More]

Shades of JCC-Meldrick Taylor…the Uzbek was clearly winning the fight and would’ve gone on to become world champion if not for the last sec stoppage.

Although the stoppage was a LITTLE controversial, he shouldn’t have turned his back (whilst keeping his arms down and tripping over his feet) as this indicated to the referee he was DONE.

Great fight though and congrats to Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by HisExcellency View Post
      Shades of JCC-Meldrick Taylor…the Uzbek was clearly winning the fight and would’ve gone on to become world champion if not for the last sec stoppage.

Although the stoppage was a LITTLE controversial, he shouldn’t have turned his back (whilst keeping his arms down and tripping over his feet) as this indicated to the referee he was DONE.

Great fight though and congrats to Ford.
      I agree. Felt like Kholmatov's knee gave out when he got rocked and contributed to him being in worse condition than he was, but they know that turning your back to the ref is almost asking for the ref to jump in and stop it. Had Ford losing the fight till that point and he did what he had to do if he wanted to be a champion. Hopefully Kholmatov's knee doesn't prevent him from succeeding at a high level going forward bc he boxed so well and was so close to being a champ. All in all, fantastic fight from both guys.

Comment

Before this fight took place I mentioned that Ford was against a gret deal and would need to do many perfect or good things to win heart was display in rocky moments, good defense, and I said he must be busy however he was behind because of not being busy. He was punching hard not often as I would like but the real winner in my opinion was the great work his corner did and keeping him informed the right way and was honest and encouraging the whole time. Awesome corner!

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post

I agree. Felt like Kholmatov's knee gave out when he got rocked and contributed to him being in worse condition than he was, but they know that turning your back to the ref is almost asking for the ref to jump in and stop it. Had Ford losing the fight till that point and he did what he had to do if he wanted to be a champion. Hopefully Kholmatov's knee doesn't prevent him from succeeding at a high level going forward bc he boxed so well and was so close to being a champ. All in all, fantastic fight from both guys.
          Agreed...Kholmatov impressed the HELL out of me last night. Dominating a highly rated, undefeated American fighter in a championship fight on foreign soil is no joke. I had him clearly winning the fight (8-4) with 20 secs remaining before he got rocked and stopped. However, before the fight, I was watching some highlights and noticed that he had a tendency to fight wild with big swinging shots that often missed. Afterwards, I remember thinking that Ford would outbox him easily but he shocked me with his performance and actually outboxed Ford. However, towards the later rounds, he was looking for a knockout (even though he didn't need it) and his wild tendencies crept back in which allowed Ford to counter him and ultimately stop him.

Therefore, if he wants to win a world title in future, he needs to stick to boxing smart the ENTIRE fight instead of getting reckless and looking for a KO.

Comment

b.s. stoppage. hate hate hate the espn commentating crew. I mean I wish they would die in a plane crash. can't even enjoy these cards. I started skipping ahead and muting and I don't dare watch live

Comment

Originally posted by HisExcellency View Post

Agreed...Kholmatov impressed the HELL out of me last night. Dominating a highly rated, undefeated American fighter in a championship fight on foreign soil is no joke. I had him clearly winning the fight (8-4) with 20 secs remaining before he got rocked and stopped. However, before the fight, I was watching some highlights and noticed that he had a tendency to fight wild with big swinging shots that often missed. Afterwards, I remember thinking that Ford would outbox him easily but he shocked me with his performance and actually outboxed Ford. However, towards the later rounds, he was looking for a knockout (even though he didn't need it) and his wild tendencies crept back in which allowed Ford to counter him and ultimately stop him.

Therefore, if he wants to win a world title in future, he needs to stick to boxing smart the ENTIRE fight instead of getting reckless and looking for a KO.
              I agree. He had tendencies to try to do too much when it wasn't needed to. He took advantage of Ford's lapses of inexperience and inactivity in most parts of the fight by being more active and boxing circles around him, but would occasionally take some big, unnecessary risks that allowed Ford to come back, land some big shots and he paid heavily for it at the end. Fought a great fight for the most part, but Ford was finally able to capitalize one of those big mistakes and it happened in pretty much Chavez-Taylor-esque style. 35 mins of a good fight gone with one min left has to be brutally heartbreaking. Hopefully he doesn't let this eat him up and comes back strong.

Comment

Whole lot of crying going on in here

Comment

"Muh ACL"

Comment

Terrible stoppage, but predictable in accordance to how ESPN n specifically Bradley was d**k riding Ford the WHOLE fight..
                    joesaiditstrue joesaiditstrue likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X