Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arnold Barboza Jr. Says He's Backup Fighter If Garcia Pulls Out Of Haney Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arnold Barboza Jr. Says He's Backup Fighter If Garcia Pulls Out Of Haney Fight

Ryan Garcia rode into his press conference Thursday on a horse, but if he were to be knocked off it, a replacement opponent is on standby to fight Devin Haney.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It says volumes that a YouTube kid like Paul would never need a backup fighter just in case he doesn’t make it to the fight

Boxing now for the most part is all sizzle and no substance, and at a all time low
    LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

Ryan garcia is a joke.

Comment

“That’s why we’re here at the press conference. I’m in the co-main event, and I’m standing by as well. That’s why we haven't announced our opponent yet because there could be a big possibility that Ryan doesn’t get his s*** together and we step up and fight Haney,” said Barboza.

Oscar De La Hoya and Ryan Garcia: A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          “That’s why we’re here at the press conference. I’m in the co-main event, and I’m standing by as well. That’s why we haven't announced our opponent yet because there could be a big possibility that Ryan doesn’t get his s*** together and we step up and fight Haney,” said Barboza.

Oscar De La Hoya and Ryan Garcia: A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN!!!
          Garcia cannot handle the spotlight that he seems to so desperately crave. Self-sabotaging because you dislike your promoter is shortsighted. He's damaging his reputation more than he realizes. Garcia thinks his star-power will always shield him from consequences, but I think he's wrong.
          TheOneAboveAll TheOneAboveAll likes this.

Comment

Good idea, I think There's a good chance Garcia will cite mental health issues and pull out.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Garcia cannot handle the spotlight that he seems to so desperately crave. Self-sabotaging because you dislike your promoter is shortsighted. He's damaging his reputation more than he realizes. Garcia thinks his star-power will always shield him from consequences, but I think he's wrong.

Bingo its self sabotage. He is afraid of losing, and by self sabotaging his training camp, when he loses he can then still tell himself and everyone that he "wasnt at his best, so Haney didnt beat the real Ryan and if he was 100% he would have actually won"

that is exactly what is going on with him, he is insecure and not able to face that he can lose to haney at his best, so removes the possibility of offering his best version for haney to beat. For the fans paying money its a fuking joke and especially for his fans, they want to see a real fight they dont want to see him quit before it starts or quit during the fight like he quit against Tank.
              kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Garcia is the new broner…. Crashing out in front of everybody eyes
                LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post

Bingo its self sabotage. He is afraid of losing, and by self sabotaging his training camp, when he loses he can then still tell himself and everyone that he "wasnt at his best, so Haney didnt beat the real Ryan and if he was 100% he would have actually won"

that is exactly what is going on with him, he is insecure and not able to face that he can lose to haney at his best, so removes the possibility of offering his best version for haney to beat. For the fans paying money its a fuking joke and especially for his fans, they want to see a real fight they dont want to see him quit before it starts or quit during the fight like he quit against Tank.
                  Very plausible. Win or lose, I think Garcia will find a way to incorporate his erratic behavior into his marketing. If he beats Haney, he'll say, "Look at what I was able to accomplish while having a mental health crisis!". Garcia seems like a mess of a human being, and the spotlight is only making it worse. He's too busy performing for the camera, that I'm not sure if he has any concrete sense of self anymore.

Comment

Barboza running his mouth.. he needs to stay in his lane.. wants attention so badly.. doesn’t understand what it takes to be a superstar.. be in the gym and keep your head down as you said, that’s where non superstars belong.

Comment

Working...
                    X