No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kholmatov: 'Ford's Nothing Special'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kholmatov: 'Ford's Nothing Special'

Otabek Kholmatov confronts the highly-touted Raymond Ford for the vacant WBA featherweight title in this weekend's most intriguing fight
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lol Kholmatov talks a good game and is a talented fighter but as somebody who prides himself on his boxing knowledge and usually makes correct calls 80%+ of the time (that's why they call me 'HisExcellency' ), I'm picking Raymond Ford to win this one who just looks that little bit quicker, sharper, nicer etc. Also, although Kholmatov has more knockouts to his name, Ford has the better CV and has already defeated a former champion in Jessie Magdaleno. Therefore, I expect that Kholmatov will ultimately fall short just like his fellow countryman Ergashev did at the hands of the underrated Matias. Ford by decision but I wouldn't rule out a late stoppage either.

Comment

Originally posted by HisExcellency View Post
      I'm picking Raymond Ford to win this one who just looks that little bit quicker, sharper, nicer etc. Also, although Kholmatov has more knockouts to his name, Ford has the better CV and has already defeated a former champion in Jessie Magdaleno. Therefore, I expect that Kholmatov will ultimately fall short just like his fellow countryman Ergashev did at the hands of the underrated Matias. Ford by decision but I wouldn't rule out a late stoppage either.
      I couldn't put it better. From what I have seen, it's Kholmatov who is "nothing special". I'm putting a few coins on Ford by stoppage rounds 7-12. We'll see.
      Last edited by Tatabanya; 03-01-2024, 10:15 AM.
      BigBobArum HisExcellency likes this.

Comment

Ford's weakness seems to be good (Mexican style) pressure fighters but Kholmatov doesn't fight that way, he seems like a technical boxer - this should be a good fight with close rounds.
        Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by HisExcellency View Post
          Lol Kholmatov talks a good game and is a talented fighter but as somebody who prides himself on his boxing knowledge and usually makes correct calls 80%+ of the time (that's why they call me 'HisExcellency' ), I'm picking Raymond Ford to win this one who just looks that little bit quicker, sharper, nicer etc. Also, although Kholmatov has more knockouts to his name, Ford has the better CV and has already defeated a former champion in Jessie Magdaleno. Therefore, I expect that Kholmatov will ultimately fall short just like his fellow countryman Ergashev did at the hands of the underrated Matias. Ford by decision but I wouldn't rule out a late stoppage either.
          Ford is the better boxer but he is not the puncher here. Ford will win early rounds whilst he still has his legs but Hard hitting Khol will take away hose legs and get a come from behind decision ( or less likely a late KO) assuming no dodgy

If you realise an 80% correct call on fights you should get involved with the Pickem competion - look in the non-stop boxing forum
          Mammoth Mammoth likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

Ford is the better boxer but he is not the puncher here. Ford will win early rounds whilst he still has his legs but Hard hitting Khol will take away hose legs and get a come from behind decision ( or less likely a late KO) assuming no dodgy

If you realise an 80% correct call on fights you should get involved with the Pickem competion - look in the non-stop boxing forum
            My picks are at about 91% and I pick fights most people don't know of or follow and have been doing this for like 40 years Thanks to onlind betting I can be paid now!

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

I couldn't put it better. From what I have seen, it's Kholmatov who is "nothing special". I'm putting a few coins on Ford by stoppage rounds 7-12. We'll see.
              100%...Ford just LOOKS like a future champion and has very fast hands and a high boxing IQ. Therefore, he should get the job done providing he boxes smart and is wary of the Uzbek's power.

Comment

Thanks for the tip...I didn't even realise that existed as I'm not a regular poster here except for the last year or so. I'll check it out.

As for the fight, that's a possibility although I just think that Ford is too smart and will outbox him whilst staying away from the Uzbek's power and may even get a stoppage himself.

Anyway, I guess we'll just have to see who's right on Monday
                Last edited by HisExcellency; 03-01-2024, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Ford is the better boxer but he is not the puncher here.
                  But he could be a lethal counterpuncher in this case...

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

But he could be a lethal counterpuncher in this case...
                    I think Khol's hard hitting will keep Ford from sitting own on his punches - we'll see - normally when I buy into my 'vision' too much by posting like this then I'm wrong - so there is that

Comment

Working...
                    X