Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Heavyweight Harris Expects Joshua To 'Go Straight Through' Ngannou

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Heavyweight Harris Expects Joshua To 'Go Straight Through' Ngannou

Heavyweight Matty Harris returns on March 1 in Telford and begins rebuilding his career following his first defeat last July in Edinburgh. Harris (5-1, 4KOs) suffered a surprise upset against Kostiantyn Dovbyshchenko, losing via a fifth-round loss despite dropping his Ukrainian opponent in the second round.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 03-01-2024, 05:54 AM.

If Joshua wipes the floor with Nngannou, expect Hearn to be calling AJ a generational great.

In reality it should only be a case of Shame on Fury.

Comment

What's between You and this Harris guy?
      The guy is totally irrelevant yet this is your 3rd article about him saying something in the last 3 days.

Comment

Imagine being called not good by a guy at that level lol.

Anyway, IF Joshua can steamroll Ngannou like that it'd be one of the high notes of AJs career tbh. He hasnt completely blasted out a big hard hitting not washed up somewhat athletic HW since Charles Martin eight ****ing years ago.
        Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

He should. But I have a nagging feeling that's not what the Chairman of the General Authority for Entertainment wants.

And what he wants, he seems to get.

I just wonder whether there's a guarantee of at least some entertainment baked into the fees.

Yes it's a big old conspiracy theory, but you wouldn't put it past them would you?

Comment

Originally posted by Flap View Post
            If Joshua wipes the floor with Nngannou, expect Hearn to be calling AJ a generational great.

It should be shame on Fury regardless. He looked like crap.

If Joshua beats Ngannou he'll be in line for the Saudi sponsored super duper Undisputed Belt and with a lot more money in his account. That's all this is about. It's not a defining victory if he gets it.

Comment

I think the difference with Ngannou - is he is huge. Way bigger than Joshua. So an actual fight with him would be a lot tougher. A bit like when we saw Dubois (who physically is a monster) against Big Baby. Big Baby was just so much bigger and could take Dubois's punches (for a long time) that it caused Dubosi a lot of problems. Was a real struggle for him

But yes I have always said Joshua stops Nagnnou in 5 or 6 rounds but Ngannou could cause a few problems early on. He did a lot of good things against Fury - good footwork, avoided many of Fury's punches, etc. And again he is *huge* - so need to take him very seriously

Comment

AJ should win this fight with ease. Ngannou is not a boxer. He is big and slow. If AJ fights scared looking for a UD could be his downfall. AJ is better in every way. AJ problem is not his skill. It's in his head and his glass jaw. He has not been the same fighter since Ruiz 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                  He should. But I have a nagging feeling that's not what the Chairman of the General Authority for Entertainment wants.

And what he wants, he seems to get.

I just wonder whether there's a guarantee of at least some entertainment baked into the fees.

Yes it's a big old conspiracy theory, but you wouldn't put it past them would you?
                  The problem with that theory is that when you have 2 huge guys who can hit like wrecking balls, either one could easily get iced by the other while trying to be "entertaining", instead of simply trying to win.

And if AJ does go straight through Francis, that will be very entertaining, while it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by Flap View Post

To be fair, Eddie has been calling AJ a generational great since he KO'd Wlad.

Comment

Working...
                    X