Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Berlanga Sets Sights On Canelo Following McCrory Victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Berlanga Sets Sights On Canelo Following McCrory Victory

Edgar Berlanga wasted little time calling for the big fights after his sixth-round stoppage of Irishman Padraig McCrory in Orlando.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 02-25-2024, 05:46 AM.

He doesn't deserve it.

Comment

Wba no 1 but wba have an interim champion called Morrell who would be before Berlanga, so why doesn't Berlanga fight him?

It's about time these undefeated fighters fought each other in order to get to that big Canelo payday.

There's plenty of good matchups to be made between Berlanga, Mungaia, Mbilli, Benavidez, Charlo etc. But none of them seem to want to bet on themselves.

Comment

There should be a tournament to see who fights Canelo next

Morrell vs
        Benavidez

Mungiua vs
        ​​​​​Berlanga

Plant vs
        Charlo

Spence vs
        Crawford (since they are daring to be great).

Would be a helluva few months..
        ​​

​​​​​
        Claude Palle Claude Palle likes this.

Comment

Berlanga is not that good if he fights the way he has the last 2 fights Munguia will drop him good he is not in that class I don't think he can take a good shot.....
          MatchMaker215 MatchMaker215 likes this.

Comment

Canelo gameplan Charlo Mugunia Crawford then berlanga. In the mean time Morrell jr build his name dirrell or Jacobs then plant, Mbilli make it make sense for no more excuse for Canelo to dodge any prime top tier 168ers. Benavidez moved up to 175 so

Comment

What is going to happen when Canelo retires? The golden goose will be gone. These guys need to focus on their craft first before calling out the biggest name. I get the money side of it but Canelo/Berlanga is a mismatch, period! How the hell could that be PPV?. I love boxing but I would not pay for that one. There have been quite a few that I have passed on already. Enough is enough. PPV should be exclusively the megafights and this is not one of them. Haney/Garcia should not be PPV either. I will either attend that one or wait for a replay!

Comment

I can't remember the last time I've seen a completely bull**** fight no one wants to see pushed so hard. I'm not a smart man but I was always pretty good at math. Someone please explain to me how Berlanga someway somehow might get to fight Canelo for all the SMW belts, but Benevidez (his mandatory for I lost track of how long now) does not. My postman has been delivering mail for 33 years now, and he has probably done more to earn a Canelo/unified title shot than Berlanga has.

Comment

Originally posted by TreD View Post
                  There should be a tournament to see who fights Canelo next

Morrell vs
                  Benavidez

Mungiua vs
                  ​​​​​Berlanga

Plant vs
                  Charlo

Spence vs
                  Crawford (since they are daring to be great).

Would be a helluva few months..
                  ​​

​​​​​
                  While canelo fights who in may and September? John Ryder 2 and 3?

smh

Comment

Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post
                    I can't remember the last time I've seen a completely bull**** fight no one wants to see pushed so hard. I'm not a smart man but I was always pretty good at math. Someone please explain to me how Berlanga someway somehow might get to fight Canelo for all the SMW belts, but Benevidez (his mandatory for I lost track of how long now) does not. My postman has been delivering mail for 33 years now, and he has probably done more to earn a Canelo/unified title shot than Berlanga has.
                    Boxing has always been about politics. Berlanga should have to beat either Mbilli, Plant, Morrell, or Mungia to even be in the equation. Canelo should fight either Benavidez ,Morrell, or Mbilli in May. Will it happen? Probably not!

Comment

Working...
                    X