Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker Admits Zhang Has Rematch Option Ahead of Their March 8 Heavyweight Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Parker Admits Zhang Has Rematch Option Ahead of Their March 8 Heavyweight Clash

Heavyweight contender Joseph Parker has revealed there is a rematch clause in place ahead of his March 8 Saudi Arabia fight with Zhilei Zhang - if he loses - because of Zhang's position with the WBO.
    [Click Here To Read More]

We are all tired of rematch clauses. I don't hardly blame Joe for going with it, may as well, and I don't hardly blame Zhang for wanting it, best to protect yer ass, but it sucks for us and the industry boys should fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
      We are all tired of rematch clauses. I don't hardly blame Joe for going with it, may as well, and I don't hardly blame Zhang for wanting it, best to protect yer ass, but it sucks for us and the industry boys should fix that.
      A rematch clause should only be accepted if it’s for the champion in a voluntary (full) world title defence. Otherwise the sanctioning bodies shouldn’t allow it.

Comment

Yes, Zhang is deserving of rematch.
        Zhang would rather be facing fury or usyk. But if Zhang is going to take an extra fight against parker he don't need, then Zhang is deserving

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantAJ View Post

A rematch clause should only be accepted if it’s for the champion in a voluntary (full) world title defence. Otherwise the sanctioning bodies shouldn’t allow it.
          How would you stop a rematch from happening between non-belt holders lol?

Look I hate these agreed to rematches myself, but I don't see how other parties get involved with boxers & their teams agreed to sh^t in private contracts.

I would be cool with belt holders never being allowed to make rematch clauses ahead of a fight & that could be enforced to some degree by stripping the belt holder of said belt if they go ahead with a rematch. Problem there is the money for the rematch might be more valuable than the belt. And sh^t sometimes a rematch DOES make sense organically after the first fight so everyone would be cool with a rematch in those cases. So its gonna be hard to combat rematch clauses is what I'm getting at if its doable at all.

Comment

Joyce got a rematch against Zhang when he lost, so I guess it's only fair that Zhang gets one if Parker beats him.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              Joyce got a rematch against Zhang when he lost, so I guess it's only fair that Zhang gets one if Parker beats him.
              Parker is not beating him. Joe is going to sleep. A rematch would be pointless, just like it is with Crawford and Spence.

Comment

Rematches, if in short timelines when immediate, are fine even for non-title fights, but it is then when they take longer to happen and that is what is unlikeable.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post

Parker is not beating him. Joe is going to sleep. A rematch would be pointless, just like it is with Crawford and Spence.
                  Zhang gets a rematch if he loses to Parker, not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post

Parker is not beating him.
                    I don't favor Joe don't get it twisted, but it isn't likely to be on my top ten upsets of 2024 list if Joe won either.

Zhang looked like a bad mfer vs Joyce both times, but lets not forget hes old as hell, went life or death with Jerry fooking Forrest & while I thought he eeked out that Filip fight myself it was a close fight. Zhang isn't close to unbeatable in general or for Joe specifically.

Comment

Working...
                    X