Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Former Champ Porter A Fan Of One Of Boxing's Brightest Divisions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Former Champ Porter A Fan Of One Of Boxing's Brightest Divisions

By Tris Dixon - Former Champ Porter A Fan Of One Of Boxing's Brightest Divisions, the super-middleweight division
    [Click Here To Read More]

So does Canelo have to fight every fighter listed here or is it possible some of them could fight each other?
    4truth 4truth likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyRespectful View Post
      So does Canelo have to fight every fighter listed here or is it possible some of them could fight each other?
      Looks like there were 9 specific other fighters listed as being in the top of the class, as of now I believe Canelo has fought two of them. To be fair, I think most fans would be fine with just him adding Benavidez (his mandatory who also as a win over a common opponent). I don't really see a lot of fans now clamoring for him to fight any of the others. Well, maybe Morrel in a couple years if Canelo is still around or he knocks of Benny.

But as of now, I think most just want to see Benavidez
      TonyRespectful TonyRespectful likes this.

Comment

"Porter thinks Plant is still a threat, despite defeats by arguably the two division leaders. Plant is 31 and 22-2 with 13 early wins, and he stopped Anthony Dirrell between his losses to Canelo in 2021 and Benavidez in 2023."

Plant stopped a shop-worn Dirrell, and lost his two biggest fights. I don't think that makes him a big threat in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
          "Porter thinks Plant is still a threat, despite defeats by arguably the two division leaders. Plant is 31 and 22-2 with 13 early wins, and he stopped Anthony Dirrell between his losses to Canelo in 2021 and Benavidez in 2023."

Plant stopped a shop-worn Dirrell, and lost his two biggest fights. I don't think that makes him a big threat in the division.
          More of a gatekeeper
          SUBZER0ED SUBZER0ED likes this.

Comment

Its not an exciting division because Canelo is single handily killing it. All those who are in mandatory positions or who are well placed are waiting for the ducking diva to make a decision on his next low risk fight which then sends ripple effects through the division and interrupts everybody else's plans. If he's too frightened to face real competition than retire or go on the exhibition circuit because like Porter say's 168lbs is buzzing right now.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyRespectful View Post
              The sanctioning organizations should order their mandatories as per their rules, and he should fight them or get stripped. As happens in every other division that isn't ruled by a primadonna.

The other guys that haven't earned a mandatory shot can fight each other for one.

That's how it's supposed to work, at least.

Comment

Some unfair criticism of Edgar by stating only the surface record of the recognizable names. He’s 21-0 16 KOs. He has star potential so he’s held to a different standard.
                and the statement he made about the best not facing is absolutely true. These big fights are fought at the negotiation table which kills the competition aspect because they just coming to get paid. Maybe if a percentage of the purse was held and awarded to the winner. Imagine a fighter’s split is 10mil; he can get knocked out in the first he still gets 10mil if he makes weight.

Comment

I believe they call this “keyword stuffing”

Comment

Working...
                  X