No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pulev-Charr Official For March 30 In Sofia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pulev-Charr Official For March 30 In Sofia

Confirmation of Kubrat Pulev - Mahmoud Charr will take place on March 30 at the Arena Sofia in the Bulgarian capital, Sofia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

And so begins Charr's journey to undisputed.
    He's been the rightful champ in recess, now he can claim what is his.

*I thought the WBA had ****ed this title off anyway???

Comment

The fight the worlds been waiting for.
      Calib1 Calibone1 MulaKO MulaKO like this.

Comment

Some how this fight will fall apart before it happens. Now we got to give Oquendo his due shot.

Pulev is so full o himself.

Comment

#WarCharr

Comment

Originally posted by Slipthepunch View Post

To be fair to the WBA at Heavyweight, they've been wrapped up in lawsuits since sometime around 2014. They don't actually like putting that belt on old never wases, the old never wases keep suing and winning their suits.

Fres was a contender without fighting for years because he sued for it.

Char is the chump now because he sued for it.

I'm pretty sure in both cases it had something to do with roids but I don't remember.

Comment

This fight would have been an interesting matchup about 12 years ago. I have to think Pulev's jab will win this if it actually happens.
              MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

#realHWchamp

Comment

The most irrelevant fight ever... Pulev is older than God - how many times does he have to get KOd/beaten? Mike Tyson and Holyfield are still probably capable of icing Charr FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by Slipthepunch View Post

Charr was the regular champ after beating Ustinov in 2017. He failed a drug test but his B-sample was opened without him or one of his management present so he won his court case on that technicality. Twice he was going to fight Bryan in the US but he had trouble securing his visa for whatever reason so King influenced the WBA to strip him. Dubois took his spot & won the Regular trinket. The Usyk/Dubois fight was the WBA mandatory which consolidated the regular & real title which Usyk won. A few days later it came out that Charr sued King & the WBA for getting wrongfully stripped which he won. The WBA had no choice but to reinstate Charr as regular champion. So here we go again. The WBA ruled that Charr would need to defend the belt twice before he would become mandatory. Originally it was Jarrell Miller but no bids were made but that was because Miller got the Dubois fight in Dubai. So Pulev is his first defence. The winner will have to defend it again before becoming mandatory. I think the winner of this fight will end up fighting for the real belt in a vacant title fight once undisputed is complete.
                    Last edited by joe strong; 02-22-2024, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X