Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Content Former Champion Moorer Calls For Super Heavyweight Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Content Former Champion Moorer Calls For Super Heavyweight Division

Former two-weight world champion Michael Moorer talks about life after boxing and calls for a new super heavyweight division
    [Click Here To Read More]

I called for the same. People don’t want it for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Talk Radio View Post
      I called for the same. People don’t want it for whatever reason.
      Yeah, it's a bit nieve when guys around 220 are giving 50 lbs or more away.
      BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Yes, boxing needs this big time!

Super Heavyweight has a nice ring to it too.

Jr. Heavyweight - 220
        Heavyweight - 230
        Super Heavyweight - 260

That's all we need right now ProBox
        Last edited by HandsofIron; 02-22-2024, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Why does it need one? So people can continue pretending these big lummoxes that they call super heavyweight are better?
          MoonCheese Marchegiano likes this.

Comment

I would respectfully disagree, definitely do not add a super heavyweight division.

A good or great smaller fighter can beat a much bigger opponent, as has been proven many times.

I fondly remember Moorer, in his fights with Cooper, Holyfield and Foreman. He was especially powerful at light heavyweight.

Comment

The current undisputed heavyweight champion is a 220lb blown up cruiserweight.

Once you are over 6'2" and 200lbs, if you are good enough the size doesn't matter that much.

Of the big guys around now I'd argue Fury is the only one who actually imposes his size to his advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingUpdates View Post
                Former two-weight world champion Michael Moorer talks about life after boxing and calls for a new super heavyweight division
                [Click Here To Read More]

We have a new Bridge Weight Division for men that weigh up to 224 pounds. ANY one under 224 pounds qualifies. So you could have a middle weight competing at Brider weight.

Heavyweight means there is NO weight limit. So any boxer is welcome to compete here.​

Comment

last thing the sport needs is more divisions

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post
                    The current undisputed heavyweight champion is a 220lb blown up cruiserweight.

Once you are over 6'2" and 200lbs, if you are good enough the size doesn't matter that much.

Of the big guys around now I'd argue Fury is the only one who actually imposes his size to his advantage.
                    Wrong, size matters. There have been no men between 200-210 Lbs ranked in the heavyweight top ten for years. The men who best fighting weight of 200-210 Lbs is extinct at heavyweight today.

Go on and find me one If you think I am wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X