No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Santiago's Heart Set On Family Investment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Santiago's Heart Set On Family Investment

Alexandro Santiago has revealed the extent to which the Santiago family business is reliant on him defending his WBC bantamweight title against Junto Nakatani on Saturday night. The Mexican, 28, impressively won the vacant title against the once-great Nonito Donaire in July 2023, and plans to use it as a platform to secure his and his family's long-term futures.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good luck trying to win a decision in Japan against a Japanese.

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post
      You said it like America, UK and the rest of the world pretty much are more fair than Japan.

Comment

Good luck trying to win in the ring against anybody if your name is Santiago or several other names in Junto's weight class now or in the past wght classes he fought in...............Japanese fighters are the "new" Mexican fighters of our time.......

Look out look out there in the deep is it a wave...is it a rip tide ... no it is a Monster and another one trying to catch up to him......

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post

Good luck trying to win in the ring against anybody if your name is Santiago or several other names in Junto's weight class now or in the past wght classes he fought in...............Japanese fighters are the "new" Mexican fighters of our time.......

Look out look out there in the deep is it a wave...is it a rip tide ... no it is a Monster and another one trying to catch up to him......
          Yea if you weigh 118lb or less like a 12 year old. You don't have japanese JCC, Morales, MAB, Canelos, Benavidez, Ortiz etc.

Comment

Yea if you weigh 118lb or less like a 12 year old. You don't have japanese JCC, Morales, MAB, Canelos, Benavidez, Ortiz etc.
            Jap fighters take more chances and dont plot out there wins by way of avoidance as in lets pick a weight class that has no real threats in in it like a Saul and the hits just keep on coming boys and girls.

Comment

Inuoe has fought Zero Mexicans. Japanese don't have the hunger/ poverty Mexicans have and are willing to put their life on the line to feed their family.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

Inoue has fought Zero Mexicans. Japanese don't have the hunger/ poverty Mexicans have and are willing to put their life on the line to feed their family.
                He fought one called Adrian Hernandez who was a two-time champion at light flyweight (108), which is quite impressive considering that it was Inoue's sixth fight despite that Adrian was already declining by the time they fought. (Hernandez had defended his belt four times at this point, one of them being a champ who had knocked him out earlier in his career.)

I think that it's impressive that Inoue had started a trend that the Japanese are taking more of an interest. But there doesn't seem to be any stands out from Mexico like Estrada and Cuadras who are near retirement in the lighter divisions as of yet. Also with other countries like Puerto Rico (Emmanuel Rodriguez and Oscar Collazo) and the Philippines (Ancajas and Tapales). I think that Junto Nakatani and the like are quite lucky that they are contending at divisions that are bit lacking in competition and have been looking outstanding because of it. With Inoue having fought the best competition so far and is currently fighting at a stacked super bantamweight (122).
                Last edited by Feroz; 02-21-2024, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Feroz View Post

He fought one called Adrian Hernandez who was a two-time champion at light flyweight (108), which is quite impressive considering that it was Inoue's sixth fight despite that Adrian was already declining by the time they fought. (Hernandez had defended his belt four times at this point, one of them being a champ who had knocked him out earlier in his career.)

I think that it's impressive that Inoue had started a trend that the Japanese are taking more of an interest. But there doesn't seem to be any stands out from Mexico like Estrada and Cuadras who are near retirement in the lighter divisions as of yet. Also with other countries like Puerto Rico (Emmanuel Rodriguez and Oscar Collazo) and the Philippines (Ancajas and Tapales). I think that Junto Nakatani and the like are quite lucky that they are contending at divisions that are bit lacking in competition and have been looking outstanding because of it. With Inoue having fought the best competition so far and is currently fighting at a stacked super bantamweight (122).
                  would you agree that there is a dif between fighting in a division that has limits as you put it (not me) as opposed to seeking out a division weight that has less competition. ? Nak and Inoue and a few others as solid fighters that have done a lot already some may disagree but i think they are solid fighters.

Comment

would you agree that there is a dif between fighting in a division that has limits as you put it (not me) as opposed to seeking out a division weight that has less competition. ? Nak and Inoue and a few others as solid fighters that have done a lot already some may disagree but i think they are solid fighters.
                    You mean that I think if boxers like Nakatani are actually trying to fight the best even if it's at a limited division rather than of actively picking a division to fight compromised/weak fighters? If so yes I agree.

I think Nakatani's has accomplished quite well with wins over Angel Costa and Andrew Maloney. He is also now competing in his third division fighting a world champ at age 26, yet to see what more he will accomplish in the future, he kind of reminds of Erik Morales in a way with his lanky frame and impressive power. Do you think he could fight at 122-126 in the future?
                    Last edited by Feroz; 02-21-2024, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X