Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: More Than Two Decades On, Woods Recalls Mayweather-Corrales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: More Than Two Decades On, Woods Recalls Mayweather-Corrales

by Lucas Ketelle - Ray Woods recalls the fight between Diego Corrales and Floyd Mayweather
    [Click Here To Read More]

I was at that fight, unbelievable it was 20 years ago, damn time stands still for no man

Comment

RIP “Chico” Corrales. Corrales vs Castillo was a legendary night!

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
        I was at that fight, unbelievable it was 20 years ago, damn time stands still for no man
        I lost my voice screaming at the TV during that fight. Those two put it all on the line and you couldn’t help but think neither fighter would be the same after that epic fight.

real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
          I remember the fight was about to start within an hour, but I instead left and hung out with some friends.

Went to the barbershop the next day and the whole shop couldn't stop talking about it. I was kicking myself.

Comment

As far as I can tell, Woods is the only one claiming Corrales had bronchitis that night. What's most notable about this article from 2001 is that Cameron Dunkin and some guy called Barrett Silver were trying to take nearly a third of his purse. Was he always just a leech?

According to the court papers that were filed, Dunkin is to receive $140,000 and Silver $280,000 as their portions of Corrales' $1.4 million purse. An attached copy of the contract between the parties indicates Dunkin is entitled to 10 percent and Silver is entitled to 20 percent of the purses of Corrales' fights.

Comment

Great fight. Stat making performance by Floyd. Last fight he was the underdog.

Comment

Why didn't he fight Kostya next ?

Comment

Originally posted by Haka View Post
                  Why didn't he fight Kostya next ?
                  He was too small and his hands was hurting.

Standard Floyd Boy excuse.

Comment

Respect to Diego,he never made excuses.But Mayweather never showed that kind of power before or since.Something was off with Corrales that night.That being said it probably wouldn’t have changed the outcome as Floyd was sharp as a razor.
                    Last edited by TonyRespectful; 02-21-2024, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X