Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Santos Admits Benn Is Just As Difficult As Ennis For Underrated Barrios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Santos Admits Benn Is Just As Difficult As Ennis For Underrated Barrios

By Lucas Ketelle - Bob Santos sees Conor Benn versus Mario Barrios as a difficult fight, and perhaps just as tough as one against undefeated IBF welterweight champion Jaron 'Boots' Ennis.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Idk about that. Respect to Santos, but Benn has been looking kinda basic since his PED issues.

There is more money to fight Benn tho so I get building that fight up more in case Eddie & them are willing to fight Barrios. Barrios ain't really a cashout fight for them tho so if they fight him they must think Benn wins & idk about that either so I'd be surprised if they were to fight next.

Comment

Barrios beats Benn
      LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Idk about that. Respect to Santos, but Benn has been looking kinda basic since his PED issues.

There is more money to fight Benn tho so I get building that fight up more in case Eddie & them are willing to fight Barrios. Barrios ain't really a cashout fight for them tho so if they fight him they must think Benn wins & idk about that either so I'd be surprised if they were to fight next.
        The actual quote is below. Benn looked basic before the Algieri and Van Heerden KOs too. Whether these were PED enhanced or just the moons aligning we'll probably never know.

So from that perspective, do I think ‘Boots’ Ennis is a little more talented than Benn – sure. But when you put into play going overseas, the time zone, the food is different, it is a lot to overcome.

Comment

Without the PEDs, lots of guys in the Top 10 beat Benn.

Comment

Benn is done without PEDs

Comment

Barrios lumps Benn up in Eddys garden. I'm not a Barrios fan, but Benn off the sauce is bland as plain toast.
              LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

This is a pick ‘em fight imo, but I would give the slightest edge to Barrios. He looked great in his last fight but Ugas was pushing 40 yrs old and had previously gotten beat up by Spence, so it’s easy to overestimate the significance of that win. Benn represents a much stiffer physical challenge.

Comment

Benn-Barrios is a perfect fight to make.

or Benn-Avanesyan.

Comment

I could see the ball is in Barrio's court about this Benn fight. They only need to say yes to make the fight happen. Benn says he'll be over the moon if he gets Barrios in his next fight. It's a lucrative fight for Mario, comparatively speaking, which is why they're weighing the pros and cons.

At least they're thinking about it. Ennis' team won't even look at that fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X