No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benton Admits Weight Cut Hurt Foster's Performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Benton Admits Weight Cut Hurt Foster's Performance

Veteran coach Bobby Benton states that O'Shaquie Foster's performance could have been impacted by his weight class. Foster won a split-decision over Abraham Nova on Friday, February 16th.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 02-19-2024, 11:44 AM.

Affected.

​​​

Comment

Not believing this
      If he would fight the whole three minutes , I bet he wouldn’t be saying this
      The fact he let’s his opponents back into the game , makes his fights much harder that they need to be

Comment

Issues cutting weight mean a lack of professionalism and/or focus. Which would explain his terrible performances in the last three.

Need to fix this before he gets seriously hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
          Not believing this
          If he would fight the whole three minutes , I bet he wouldn’t be saying this
          The fact he let’s his opponents back into the game , makes his fights much harder that they need to be
          foster aint no action Jackson never was and without real game changing power this is about what you can expect from him down the road what is weight going to give him speed and increased power ? Eh after a lousy fight i got no respect for what is wrong what is wrong is it was a lousy fight on both ends...........

Comment

I'm just shaqed that o'shockie, sorry shocked that Oshaqie, doesn't have a nutritionist. I mean I know money is tight but IMO a boxer that doesn't use a nutritionist is foolish. You can't ever make a sport that involves punching the other guy safe, but you could reduce the risks if every boxer made weight safely. There are far too many fatalities & injuries that are due to boxers spending hours in saunas, denying themselves fluids & generally cutting corners in making weight.
            pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post

foster aint no action Jackson never was and without real game changing power this is about what you can expect from him down the road what is weight going to give him speed and increased power ? Eh after a lousy fight i got no respect for what is wrong what is wrong is it was a lousy fight on both ends...........
              I’m guessing your no fan of his lol
              I find he doesn’t fight for the whole three minutes and let’s go of the gas quite often
              He definitely has no power can’t debate that

Comment

I’m guessing your no fan of his lol
                I find he doesn’t fight for the whole three minutes and let’s go of the gas quite often
                He definitely has no power can’t debate that
                yea i half watched it the fight got so boring i began to FF thru parts of the fight for a minute here and there--> that should say something about those two guys, Hey what is with the big dummy stuffed Michalan man costumes and the Grandmother who looked like a Trans something ? Jezz this is how we sell a fight these days not in the ring but before the fight. ? come on boys your less manly sides are showing up before the fight starts.
                On a up note.........Cortes the explorer huh ? Showed Chevalier to get back in his Chevy right ? He corner was ready to throw the towel after one round good job Cortez you did you country proud fought like a fighter with an attitude and with a will and with a disadvantage in Ht and reach. In your face....Any more of a beating and they would have been playing Knock Knock Knocking on Heavens door by Bob Dylan ...........ha Ha ...........

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post

yea i half watched it the fight got so boring i began to FF thru parts of the fight for a minute here and there--> that should say something about those two guys, Hey what is with the big dummy stuffed Michalan man costumes and the Grandmother who looked like a Trans something ? Jezz this is how we sell a fight these days not in the ring but before the fight. ? come on boys your less manly sides are showing up before the fight starts.
                  On a up note.........Cortes the explorer huh ? Showed Chevalier to get back in his Chevy right ? He corner was ready to throw the towel after one round good job Cortez you did you country proud fought like a fighter with an attitude and with a will and with a disadvantage in Ht and reach. In your face....Any more of a beating and they would have been playing Knock Knock Knocking on Heavens door by Bob Dylan ...........ha Ha ...........
                  Lmao
                  Yeah I thought the mascot was actually pretty cool and must of costed him a pretty penny
                  The trans ? You mean it wasn’t lol
                  Cortez has some really ugly way of fighting but tough sob and if he were to get himself a good trainer who can mild him he’d be great
                  Chevalier looked the part of a fighter who has won against soft punching cause after getting hit he looked like he wanted no part of it
                  More like they needed some folk from Joni Mitchell lmao

Comment

Lmao
                    Yeah I thought the mascot was actually pretty cool and must of costed him a pretty penny
                    The trans ? You mean it wasn’t lol
                    Cortez has some really ugly way of fighting but tough sob and if he were to get himself a good trainer who can mild him he’d be great
                    Chevalier looked the part of a fighter who has won against soft punching cause after getting hit he looked like he wanted no part of it
                    More like they needed some folk from Joni Mitchell lmao
                    i thiink his brother is the guy in his corner if i am not mistaken. Man no body really wants your brother in your corner unless it is a street fight. Brothers always push you too hard and are never wrong.
                    Nak is fighting this weekend should be good that should be interesting. Have to look at the under card and see what is up there.
                    BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X