No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Guv'nor And The Reinvention Of Anthony Ogogo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: The Guv'nor And The Reinvention Of Anthony Ogogo

Anthony Ogogo was a 2012 Olympic bronze medalist who was tipped for big things in the pros. But in just his 12th fight, his left eye suffered terrible damage and he was forced to take a very different path
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not sure why this was posted twice but…

trying to think of what Paulie was doing at that time. That had to be before he ducked Keef.

Comment

Respect to Ogogo.

Gotta be stressful & just difficult mentally to train your whole life for success in a sport, be prepared for no other career, & have that taken away from you so early with so little gained from it besides medals & pictures.

Lotsa stories like this in boxing. Cool to hear Ogogo found a new lane where his past athletic prowess is a helpful prerequisite to assist in his new career.

Comment

Ogogo was in a really bad place at one point, he was desperate to fight again, spent thousands upon thousands on operations and therapies in the hope it could fix his eye. He even remortgaged his own house to pay for them.

Very happy, he’s been able to find a new passion, I wish AEW would’ve given him a second run, they rushed him in the feud with Cody IMO. I hope the Guv’nor makes it back to the big time.

Comment

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...-bad-for-ogogo

I posted this over 5 years ago. Thought I may as well dig it out. Glad to see Anthony is in a much better place.

Comment

its tough when u see your peers moving forward and u are stuck in reverse, now hes scratching around in wrestling trying to find his angle, lots more fail in sports than go on to make a lot of cash, he might still get his break if he gets his character & skills right

Comment

Thank you , this was an interesting and well written article. The quality of the writing has drastically improved on the site. Now we just need the Breadman back. I really liked the weekly mailbag.

Comment

Good article. Really made me feel like I was there in that Southampton nightclub watching it. I don't think I watched any of Ogogo's amateur or pro fights, but I was interested to see what he would do in AEW when he had that angle with Rhodes. Somehow it all got swept under the carpet.

Comment

Glad to see he is able to earn a living after all that has happened to him.

Comment

Nice article. This is also why i struggle to respect those who already made life changing money and keep ‘marinading’ fights or demanding x or y fighter or terms to get in the ring.

The gap between those who make it financially and those that don’t (99 percent) is enormous. Few at the top bother to look back to appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                    X