Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: Abdullah Mason 'The Best I've Seen Being So Young; Unbelievably Poised'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: Abdullah Mason 'The Best I've Seen Being So Young; Unbelievably Poised'

Even at 92 years old and having spent parts of seven decades in boxing, Bob Arum arrives at ringside in time for the first fight on his promotional company's undercards. The Top Rank Inc. founder, oftentimes in essentially empty venues, enjoys watching his prospects progress during the developmental phases of their careers. None of them have intrigued Arum more over the past couple years than Abdullah Mason.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Impressive combinations and power, that is for sure. To me, he looks better than Shu Shu or Keyshawn......just my opinion.
    kjeeze941 kjeeze941 likes this.

Comment

Bob gots more yrs than me, but I've been saying this for my boxing era so cool to see Bob backing up my statement with his take & adding decades on top of it.

Mason is a bad mfer whos gonna be interesting to watch climb up the many ladders he still has to climb to get where some of us think he can go. He gots a ton of potential its just a matter of how he handles the normal problems as a prospect moving up & how many random issues pop up that could limit or end his huge potential rn.

Randomly I'd hate to be a mfer who hasn't done anything real in boxing yet except look like a teenage bad mfer who can do lotsa real things, but have all those real things in front of me still. Thats gotta be a ton of pressure. How he deals with the pressure of expectations is another interesting angle to all this.

Good luck to Abdullah in boxing. Seems like a good kid on top of the boxing talent/potential thats the only thing most will concern themselves with.

Comment

Bob still have great vision, I see the same things with this young man each time out!
        MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

All I hope is that all these guys that are loitering around 135 [pounds] go in different directions, because I’d hate to put ‘em in with each other. Maybe that’s what I’ll have to do.
          You don't have to. Just let it maaaaaaaarinate.

Comment

Im not a Mason believer yet- get in there with someone like Tank and a promising young career will be wrapped

Comment

Originally posted by BronxPride67 View Post
              Im not a Mason believer yet- get in there with someone like Tank and a promising young career will be wrapped
              Tank is 29, this kid is 19 and already been called to training camps with Tank, Haney and Shakur. Not really fair to expect him to take on those guys yet is it?

I agree jury is still out but i think what i like most is he doesn’t seem to gravitate towards the nonsense- you can tell he has good family and support system to keep him grounded. Lets see what happens - he has 4 brothers so good chance one of them comes through.

The trend these days is most young boxers start to unravel by what happens outside as they becomes stars before they earned their stripes - eg Ryan, Teo, Rolly, Keyshawn, Tank (in early days as he seems in good place now) are good examples.

Too entitled and pampered by social media. You find more resilience in UFC fighters unfortunately because they are paid peanuts and have to wait long time to get meaningful pay days and losses are inevitable as they get matched harder.

Comment

Originally posted by hennanra1000 View Post

Tank is 29, this kid is 19 and already been called to training camps with Tank, Haney and Shakur. Not really fair to expect him to take on those guys yet is it?

I agree jury is still out but i think what i like most is he doesn’t seem to gravitate towards the nonsense- you can tell he has good family and support system to keep him grounded. Lets see what happens - he has 4 brothers so good chance one of them comes through.

The trend these days is most young boxers start to unravel by what happens outside as they becomes stars before they earned their stripes - eg Ryan, Teo, Rolly, Keyshawn, Tank (in early days as he seems in good place now) are good examples.

Too entitled and pampered by social media. You find more resilience in UFC fighters unfortunately because they are paid peanuts and have to wait long time to get meaningful pay days and losses are inevitable as they get matched harder.
                So who are you? Do you work for Probox & what’s up with all these articles/threads being posted by posters now?

Comment

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post

So who are you? Do you work for Probox & what’s up with all these articles/threads being posted by posters now?
                  What did i say thats offended you? Who are you, a promoter? . Stick to the facts - i never made anything personal.

Comment

Apologies my account was hacked - pw changed - appreciate you challenging me edpboxing - but those articles weren’t mine. As per other post i always use 2 factor authentication but boxingscene doesnt have so pretty easy to hack a profile.

Comment

Working...
                    X