Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: O'Shaquie Foster-Abraham Nova, Undercard Weigh-In Results From Madison Square Garden

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: O'Shaquie Foster-Abraham Nova, Undercard Weigh-In Results From Madison Square Garden

O'Shaquie Foster needed to strip naked to make weight on his second attempt Thursday afternoon at Madison Square Garden. The WBC super featherweight champion is confident, though, that Abraham Nova will be the fighter pushed to his limit in their 12-round, 126-pound title fight Friday night. Foster (21-2, 12 KOs), of Orange, Texas, officially weighed in at 130 pounds for their 12-round, 130-pound championship clash in The Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York. Nova (23-1, 16 KOs), of Albany, New York, stepped on the New York State Athletic Commission's scale at 129 pounds on his first attempt.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 02-15-2024, 02:08 PM.

While there are a couple nice matchups including the main event, the rest of this card is BULLSHIT!!! A bunch of unbeaten fighters, none of which are facing guys who are also unbeaten and instead facing no hopers with records like this:11-4, 13-7, 16-9, 7-4, 6-3. BULLSHIT!!
    Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

- I am super-amped to be attending this card in NYC.
      - First time at the Madison Sqaure Garden complex.
      - NYC here I come !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        While there are a couple nice matchups including the main event, the rest of this card is BULLSHIT!!! A bunch of unbeaten fighters, none of which are facing guys who are also unbeaten and instead facing no hopers with records like this:11-4, 13-7, 16-9, 7-4, 6-3. BULLSHIT!!
        After all these years, I'm finally tuning out these mismatches. I skip right past them now. No interest. I used to just like to watch because boxing, but now I see it as the promoter giving me the finger. I cant really guage a prospect until they are tested anyhow. It's not much different than watching sparring and after I watch a set up fight I just want my time back. I almost feel embarrassed like I shouldnt be watching this. Im just watching them learn to fight or something. Wake me when they're ready.
        Last edited by Wacked_Out; 02-15-2024, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post
          After all these years, I'm finally tuning out these mismatches. I skip right past them now. No interest. I used to just like to watch because boxing, but now I see it as the promoter giving me the finger. I cant really guage a prospect until they are tested anyhow. It's not much different than watching sparring and after I watch a set up fight I just want my time back. I almost feel embarrassed like I shouldnt be watching this. Im just watching them learn to fight or something. Wake me when they're ready.
          Damn I am missing ShoBox, the New Generation! I've seen a show or two called something with the word "Prospects" in it (can't remember the name of the show) where they showed unbeaten vs unbeaten and vs guys with one loss and enjoyed that because it blows away the crap on the undercard here.
          Last edited by richardt; 02-15-2024, 04:19 PM.
          Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post

Damn I am missing ShoBox, the New Generation! I've seen a show or two called something with the word "Prospects" in it (can't remember the name of the show) where they showed unbeaten vs unbeaten and vs guys with one loss and enjoyed that because it blows away the crap on the undercard here.
            I frigging loved Shobox you actually got to see fighters tested and see how they evolve

Comment

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post
              Yeah I do the same sometimes now because there are some very talented prospects right now especially in the top rank stable. Abudullah mason. Troy isley. Bruce Carrington. Richard Torrez etc but I just can't be bothered to watch them beat up on some fighters that's turned up for a cheque and has no desire to win. I get these fighters have gotta go through the first stages of there career doing this which is fine you gotta build them but some of them get hyped up to much like 'ahh he's definitely gonna be a pound for pound star or he's gonna be the next great etc' well we don't know that until they fight someone with a pulse.
              ​​​​​
              Last edited by Boxing2695; 02-15-2024, 06:50 PM.
              Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

Working...
              X