Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Tszyu on Keith Thurman: Don't Disrespect My [Mexican] Style Because I Actually Hurt People; He's a Split-Decision Guy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tim Tszyu on Keith Thurman: Don't Disrespect My [Mexican] Style Because I Actually Hurt People; He's a Split-Decision Guy

Tim Tszyu didn't take too kindly to Keith Thurman's assertion that the so-called Mexican style of boxing merely involves being slow-footed. The 154-pound titlist from Australia and son of boxing great Kostya took issue with Thurman, a former unified
    [Click Here To Read More]

That's actually a good nickname for Keith. Keith "Split-decision" Thurman

Comment

I didn't think this matchup was worth anything, but it's actually intriguing enough that I'm going to tune in. Keith has been in exciting fights and I can't see how this one cannot be. It will be interesting to see him at the new weight and if he brings his power up. At best, if he can tag Tszyu enough, can he hurt Tim and put him away? At worst, can Thurman not handle the power at 154lbs as well as he did at 147lbs? Granted, he seems susceptible to body shots, so Tim might be able to put away Thurman that way.

Comment

I'd rather win or lose by split decision, and not by KO or beating. Thurman stays inactive, has aged, and fights only for titles and money. And it doesn't seem like his heart is into the sport. But I still give him a chance to make his fight with Tzysu interesting. Thurman, whether you like him or not, fights competitively. As long as he scan take a body shot, and shake off the ring rust, I'm expecting an entertaining fight.
        ​​

Comment

Thurman of 2016 would put a boxing clinic for Tszyu. But this is 2024 and Tszyu is the most active fighter

Comment

Tazoo says he knows he’s way better than Keef ( which I don’t doubt ) and a much more explosive fighter than him in all aspects
            My question then is why have you and your team been chasing him for as long as you said you were ?
            Reading between the lines then you are serving a dish that is worthless and quite disappointing. , fully knowing that Keef doesn’t really stand a chance against your style let alone the fact that he hasn’t fought much and his age
            I was really disappointed with Tazoo and his team for delivering this fight
            Unidentified Unidentified likes this.

Comment

Tim should have replied with "the African american style is just running and prancing around the ring" wonder if the biased media would have made a bigger deal of that.
              JJ75JJ JJ75JJ likes this.

Comment

Tim does have a Mexican style, which put asses on seats.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                  I didn't think this matchup was worth anything, but it's actually intriguing enough that I'm going to tune in. Keith has been in exciting fights and I can't see how this one cannot be. It will be interesting to see him at the new weight and if he brings his power up. At best, if he can tag Tszyu enough, can he hurt Tim and put him away? At worst, can Thurman not handle the power at 154lbs as well as he did at 147lbs? Granted, he seems susceptible to body shots, so Tim might be able to put away Thurman that way.
                  If he brings his power up, he wobbled Barrios and hit him clean many times doing nothing, 135lb Davis stopped him, the biggest thing Ive seen leave Thurman is power he is not hurting guys he should stop, he will give Tim problems with his movement and angles but can he keep a young bull off him for 12, he better be in great shape to dance all night.

Comment

Thurman is a hair better than Porter and Garcia. While these guys were positioned as the best, they were solidly B level. Most famous for beating each other, right? The Thurman that lost to Pac loses to Tszyu. Can Thurman whip himself into better shape at 35? I seriously doubt it. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X