Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman: I Wish I Would've Done More, But I've Still Got More Left In The Tank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman: I Wish I Would've Done More, But I've Still Got More Left In The Tank

Keith Thurman understands why frustrated fans complain about his lack of activity over the past 8 1/2 years. Thurman, too, wishes he would've fought more frequently since he beat Robert Guerrero and Luis Collazo over a four-month span nearly nine years ago. The former WBA/WBC welterweight champion has boxed only five times since he
    [Click Here To Read More]

I remember seeing him tear through competition 10 years ago and headline the inaugural PBC show and thinking he was on his way to being a star and then he just stopped fighting as frequently. These guys need to understand they have a limited window to make good money and at the same time satisfy themselves that they did all they could on their career. As a retired fella twice over, you don’t want to look back on your profession(s) and career(s) and know you could have accomplished more
    JohnnyCan JohnnyCan pnut901 pnut901 like this.

Comment

It’s all started with his marriage if i rememeber, he was never the same afterwards
      Last edited by Satir; 02-15-2024, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
        I remember seeing him tear through competition 10 years ago and headline the inaugural PBC show and thinking he was on his way to being a star and then he just stopped fighting as frequently. These guys need to understand they have a limited window to make good money and at the same time satisfy themselves that they did all they could on their career. As a retired fella twice over, you don’t want to look back on your profession(s) and career(s) and know you could have accomplished more
        Do you recall our conversation about PBC shelving you
        Is this a great example or not ?

Comment

Originally posted by Satir View Post
          It’s all started with his marriage if i rememeber, he was never the same afterwards
          I’m sure that has something to do with it also
          That’s when Keef went all hippie on us ; some retreat to find the namaste lol

Comment

normal folks retire at 65.

boxers need to always remember they retire at 40.

that means you should always have a sense of urgency when making fights happen, your window of opportunity is not the same as normal folks.

Comment

he needs to talk to his promoter if he's not getting enough fights.

Comment

Originally posted by PryorHawk View Post
                boxers need to always remember they retire at 40.
                Ismael Barroso disagrees.

image.png

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Talk Radio View Post

Ismael Barroso disagrees.

image.png
                  I can probably count on one hand how many boxers THROUGHOUT HISTORY that did well past 40.
                  Foreman, Hopkins, Pacquiao briefly?

The statistics are not on your side if you are a boxer fighting into his 40s.

Father Time is undefeated.

Barroso is doing a great job fending him off for now

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Do you recall our conversation about PBC shelving you
                    Is this a great example or not ?
                    I think certain fighters shelve themselves when they are overpaid. I’m not on board the pbc/Haymon hate train because I know it’s origin. The problem with boxing period is these folks are overpaid, and that’s a problem with all major promotions
                    Fightfan79 Fightfan79 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X