Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kazuto Ioka Eyes WBA/WBC Unification Versus Estrada, As Mandatory Looms Versus 'Scrappy' Ramirez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kazuto Ioka Eyes WBA/WBC Unification Versus Estrada, As Mandatory Looms Versus 'Scrappy' Ramirez

Kazuto Ioka plans to revisit past business despite the present task at hand. BoxingScene.com has learned that a request was placed by Ioka through Shisei Promotions with the WBA for permission to pursue a title unification bout versus lineal/WBC 115-pound champion Juan Francisco Estrada. The development came just as the deadline approached to work out terms with WBA mandatory challenger John 'Scrappy' Ramirez for a previously ordered title defense.
    [Click Here To Read More]

GBP should force Ioka to vacate.. I don’t see Ioka oassing up the fight vs Estrada under any circumstances, he can always come back and bring Scrappy back to the table

Comment

Forget Scrappy or Ioka for the moment, I'm more interested in this blurb:
      ...Should an Ioka-Estrada fight materialize, it would come after Estrada—a two-division champ—completed a non-title fight targeted for early spring. Estrada has not fought since December 2022...

Last I checked Estrada claimed to have been looking to test bantamweight waters and hoping for March return. It is mid February right now without even a peep of a rumor regarding Estrada's next fight. I'm guessing this "non-title fight" would be testing waters in bantam if he really does fight in March, but if that occurs then I don't see Estrada returning to 115 ever again so he should just vacate if so.

Comment

Estrada is ducking. If he only fights for the amount he is demanding, then we will never see Estrada back in the ring.

Comment

Man, I really want to see Ioka/Estrada, but I feel like it's never gonna happen

Comment

Estrada has lost interest in his career and unless he is injured, it is apparent he lost the spark now having not fought in over a year.

Comment

Estrada doesn't do unifications. He's had what, 3 title reigns and has only ever fought one unification in Choc 2.

He's been ducking Ioka for years now. They were supposed to fight as far back as 2016 only for Estrada to vacate. Then again last year.
              RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM RuleOfTheSpear likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
                Estrada doesn't do unifications. He's had what, 3 title reigns and has only ever fought one unification in Choc 2.

He's been ducking Ioka for years now. They were supposed to fight as far back as 2016 only for Estrada to vacate. Then again last year.
                Didn't want Ancajas as well.
                Which I thought he could've won.

He stayed aloof with other champions not named choco.

The guy is sus and weird.

But just looking at the paper, all of his major wins are extremely close decisions. Which would explain his aloofness and "ducking" vibe we getting from him.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                  Man, I really want to see Ioka/Estrada, but I feel like it's never gonna happen
                  Pretty much how I feel …….But not completely losing hope yet, the little guys always find away to make fights happen for the most part ….

Comment

Working...
                  X