Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alycia Baumgardner: "Jamaine Ortiz Won That, Horrible Decision"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alycia Baumgardner: "Jamaine Ortiz Won That, Horrible Decision"

Boxing doesn't always take place on a Thursday but considering that it recently did, Alycia Baumgardner wanted to check things out. In the main event slot, Top Rank threw Jamaine Ortiz in the ring with Teofimo Lopez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

How in the world can you have an article about Baumgardner and not even show a picture of that little bit of crumpet

Comment

I was only able to see the championship rounds (10-12). It looked liked Jamaine refused to trade, and Teo landed clean, hard shots whenever he wanted.

Gotta take the championship..go for broke..make it so clear that no one can deny you won. It's what Loma failed to do against Devin (I think Loma won the fight, though not enough that he should have been awarded a decision; a draw was the most appropriate decision).

We are all entitled to our opinion. We are not entitled to facts.

Comment

Alycia should be more concerned that she got caught cheating and put another’s fighters life at risk because nobody gives a F about her opinions.

Regarding the fight, both fighters should not have gotten paid for their terrible display of a cure for insomnia.If there ever were a case for a draw in a fight, that snoozer and Skakira’s before, are in a close battle for worst fight of the year. Alyicia, like the GWOAT said, you and all the cheaters before you popped for being dirty so take care of your ness with your lawyers and get out of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by TreD View Post
          I was only able to see the championship rounds (10-12). It looked liked Jamaine refused to trade, and Teo landed clean, hard shots whenever he wanted.

Gotta take the championship..go for broke..make it so clear that no one can deny you won. It's what Loma failed to do against Devin (I think Loma won the fight, though not enough that he should have been awarded a decision; a draw was the most appropriate decision).

That is factually incorrect by the rules. Boxing is scored on a round by round point system. There are zero rules about having to trade and stand in front of another fighter, or "go and take the championship". These are made up ideas that contribute to the awfulness of the scoring.

Ortiz outlanded Lopez in most of the rounds. He controlled the pace and ring. He hit Lopez with many clean shots, had Lopez turning his back at a few points to not get hit. Lopez stood in the corner and asked Ortiz to come and him....Ortiz walked over and tagged Lopez with a few hard shots and moved.

Lopez was scared to cut off the ring because Ortiz was too fast and was hitting Lopez each time he tired. Lopez could not deal with what was coming back, otherwise he would have made it ugly and trapped Ortiz. Ortiz, per the rules of boxing, won the fight by at least three rounds.

Loma beat Haney by at least three rounds as well. It was a corrupt decision.

I wish they would create new rules where guys lose a round if they don't trade, or where the "championship rounds hold more weight". It would make the sport infinitely more easy to judge and alot more action.

But the rules don't say that. And that is why boxing has become a corrupt joke.
          Last edited by Theshotyoudontsee; 02-14-2024, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Her trainer is Tony Harrison so she will probably always favor a pure boxer

Comment

Originally posted by TreD View Post

If that was the case, Teo must not have wanted to land clean, hard shots very often. He hardly landed on Ortiz.
              Slicc Slicc likes this.

Comment

I must say I agree with you Alycia Baumgardner, however both guys did nothing for the fans and I get it Jamaine was just looking for victory however he could get it! The judges went old school and was like you have to beat the chump I mean champ! The problem however is the wide discrepancy in the scorecards which no one agrees with.

eco1 eco1 macmike100 macmike100 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                  How in the world can you have an article about Baumgardner and not even show a picture of that little bit of crumpet
                  I was thinking the same thing,lol!
                  Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Ortiz didn't throw enough shots to have a robbery claim. He wasn't convincing enough and left too much leeway for Lopez to win rounds by pushing the action. I must've been one of the few who thought Lopez edged it. Wasn't surprised he got the win.

Comment

Working...
                    X