Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Expects Shakur Stevenson To Fight Opponent TBD In June, Stay With Top Rank Long Term

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum Expects Shakur Stevenson To Fight Opponent TBD In June, Stay With Top Rank Long Term

Bob Arum anticipates one of the most talented fighters his company promotes to extend their partnership. Arum replied that it's "not even a question" when asked by BoxingScene.com whether Shakur Stevenson will sign a contract extension with Arum's Top Rank Inc. According to a report by ESPN.com's Mike Coppinger last week, Stevenson turned down a five-fight, $15 million contract extension offered by Top Rank.
    [Click Here To Read More]

bob and his snoozers

hes got teo & now shakur staging fake retirements and delivering snoozers for the fans and ole bob in the front row

all bob wants to do is light up a weed smoke and drift off to sleep

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
      bob and his snoozers

hes got teo & now shakur staging fake retirements and delivering snoozers for the fans and ole bob in the front row

all bob wants to do is light up a weed smoke and drift off to sleep
      Teo came to fight unlike Shakur.
      Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

I wonder how much is the cost for Shakur to buyout his contract with Arum.

I don't really understand why any of these dudes sign with Arum.

That man Shakur basically idolizes Floyd and somehow still chose to sign a multi fight/ multi year deal with Arum, knowing that even Floyd was getting ripped off by the man?

Same with Teofimo and others. Why even subject yourself to that knowing your own boxing skill etc?

edit-
        I say all this because Arum is basically why Shakur can't get any fights and is why he turned down Haney's 25% offer. Because Arum takes 80% of his pay anyway. Leaving him with nothing. So of course he wanted 50/50 just to actually earn 25% value after Arum taxes it.
        Last edited by F l i c k e r; 02-12-2024, 01:54 PM.

Comment

So , is Shakur retired , or not ?

Comment

He'd be stupid to go anywhere else

Comment

There's no good reason why Shakur Stevenson and Abdul Wahid don't fight each other in June.

Comment

i think i remember not long ago reebok signed a big deal with shakur & then he went and retired lol

that must have raised a few eyebrows at the meeting

DOH

i mean the guy probably earns about 3 mil per fight now possibly with top bank

bud had a nice 3 or 4 mil guarantee with top bank for years fighting easy pesy fights and now he suing top bank for not managing his career right and other reasons for that

Comment

Until Shakur's fighting PPV worthy opponents, $3M per fight is extremely generous. What other promotional outfit will pay more plus keep him fighting more than once per year.

Comment

Shakur you are a boring boxer stay RETIRED nobody wants to watch your fights (being kind calling them fights) also you are a PUNK who likes to hit defense-less people on the ground and swings your fists at women (see internet) STAY RETIRED.

Comment

Working...
                    X