Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Thinks 'It's A Little Too Early' For Keyshawn Davis To Fight Teofimo Lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Thinks 'It's A Little Too Early' For Keyshawn Davis To Fight Teofimo Lopez

Bob Arum was more impressed with Keyshawn Davis than ever Thursday night. The 92-year-old promoter touted Davis' improvement during his sixth-round stoppage of former two-division champion Jose Pedraza on the Teofimo Lopez-Jamaine Ortiz undercard in Las Vegas. Arum commended Davis (10-0, 7 KOs, 1 NC)
    [Click Here To Read More]

He ain’t wrong. To ask Teo about that fight in the post fight interview was an eye roller.

Comment

Bob need to stay out of this lol. If two guys wanna fight on your roster & it isn't completely insane, fook it make that fight. I like fights where you can argue someone is or isn't ready for a specific fight.

That said I don't love that Keyshawn would need to jump up a division. If I'm Team Keyshawn I'm not looking for his first big fight to be vs a guy a division up when he hasn't done anything much in the division hes in.
      MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

He's right. Dude has had like 11 fights so far. A logical step up would be someone like Gesta, JoJo Diaz or Colbert. That next level but below elite fighters. He may not even be ready for these dudes for a few more fights. Not seeing the reason for the rush when you only have 11 fights and 72 rounds under your belt at the professional level

Comment

I gotta wonder what options are realistic for Lopez with Top Rank. Their 140 lb stable is super thin at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Bob need to stay out of this lol. If two guys wanna fight on your roster & it isn't completely insane, fook it make that fight. I like fights where you can argue someone is or isn't ready for a specific fight.

That said I don't love that Keyshawn would need to jump up a division. If I'm Team Keyshawn I'm not looking for his first big fight to be vs a guy a division up when he hasn't done anything much in the division hes in.
            Can’t argue here
            Taking care of business at home is the right start

Comment

I enjoy watching Keyshawn. He needs more fights. More experience. Moving him too fast could ruin his career. He’s still learning.
              I think back to watching Fernando Vargas early in his career. He was an absolute talent. Then they stuck him in there with Tito who I thought he could beat. Didn’t work out that way. Then he got in there with Delahoya who I thought he could probably beat. He got KO’d.
              So slow down Keyshawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                I gotta wonder what options are realistic for Lopez with Top Rank. Their 140 lb stable is super thin at the moment.
                JCR just left after turning down everyone in the top 10 didnt he?

Comment

If these young cats want to fight give them the fight. It was never a problem with Lomo calling out top fighters after his first and second fight, why it is a problem now?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

JCR just left after turning down everyone in the top 10 didnt he?
                    I think Rick Mirigan is steering his guys wrong. Trying to get Ramirez more money than anything close to realistic.

Comment

Working...
                    X