Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ben Whittaker on Flow State, Method in His Madness and Difference Between American and British Fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ben Whittaker on Flow State, Method in His Madness and Difference Between American and British Fans

At around 9pm last Saturday evening, Ben Whittaker reached flow state. Unaware of the uproar his performance was causing outside the ropes, Whittaker (6-0, 5 KO's) boxed, danced, taunted and punched his way to a fifth round stoppage of Khalid Graidia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The second coming of Pernell Whitaker

Comment

I remember when we had wrestling with the likes of Mick McManas, Jackie Pallo & Big Daddy before the FA cup final. "Total escapism "!

Comment

Originally posted by Bornboxingfan View Post
        The second coming of Pernell Whitaker
        This guy doesn’t have 10% of the talent Pernell had, he’s more in line with Emanuel Augustus if he’s even that good!

Comment

I don't think you can criticise the ref to be fair.

I quite like a bit of showboating myself. Albeit if I was on the receiving end getting my head caved in...probably less so.

Comment

Hey I remember a long time ago a poster here, some Cuban dude was talking about “The Flow” in the training section

He described it the same way, something like “where the boxer feels his movements”

Dude had some good training advice

If I have time I will find it and bump it in the training forum
            Last edited by 2fast2strong; 02-11-2024, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Ben Whittaker is an entertainer and I’m entertained. He’s definitely a box office fighter with great skills, he can be pushed on quickly as he’s world class already, in his physical prime and he has a really good amateur background. All his opponents so far are so over matched, he should fight for the British this year and then head straight to world level.

Comment

Wow…I’m surprised me. A positive commentary on American fans. Didn’t expect that one. Good on ya Whitaker.

Comment

People don't hate boxers showboating. They hate boxers showboating against vastly inferior opponents who've been brought in to lose anyway. When Ali showboats against Terrell he is saying 'you thought you could beat me? This isn't even competitive'. When Whittaker showboats against his hired help it is like city bankers setting fire to £20 notes in front of waiters on minimum wage. It makes me feel sick. It wouldn't be difficult to match Whittaker competitively, after all, we have an absolute glut of British fighters at 175lb. Fight Shakan Pitters. You could sell out any venue in the W Midlands for that. If Whittaker gets past Shakan's long arms I would want him to beat 2 of Craig Richards, Lyndon Arthur or Dan Azeez. Beat those guys, showboat all you want, & I will retract my view that you're a complete see you next time.

Comment

Comparing Ben Whittaker to Pernell is pretty much like comparing Jamie Cullum to Art Tatum.
                    Mark Elding Mark Elding likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X