Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Crawford, Canelo, Beterbiev-Ward, Thurman-Tszyu, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Crawford, Canelo, Beterbiev-Ward, Thurman-Tszyu, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as Juan Manuel Marquez, welterweight contender Conor Benn, welterweight champion Terence Crawford, Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez, Artur Beterbiev vs. Andre Ward, Tim Tszyu vs. Keith Thurman, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good job by Bread, as usual. A lot of us thought Benn was juicing. Some guys just make it too obvious!

Comment

His "heart" tells him ward ! We dgaf about who you're soft on !

Comment

I agree with Bread, Crawford has the right to avoid Boots, and seek the higher paydays, and I'm glad the IBF stripped him too! The WBC looks even more corrupt allowing Canelo to avoid Benavidez! They look even worse allowing Jermall Charlo to remain Champion at 160! If the WBC decides to allow Canelo to fight Jermall Charlo, without stripping him of his title, then I hope the fans boycott the fight, especially the MEXICAN FANS!!!

Comment

agree with bread

if u were at a world cup final & a fight broke out in the stands people would watch the fight, proving fighting is more intriguing than football

Comment

I certainly respect Bread, but he give way too much latitude to Tank. He's not going to fight Lopez, Haney, or Shakur. Look at his history. He won't even fight old man Loma. Those fights are winnable IF Tank really has pound for pound skills. If he wins all those fights, he's an ATG. He doesn't want to risk it. His fanbase doesn't require him to beat the best. Until I see differently, he's Wilder 2.0.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
              I certainly respect Bread, but he give way too much latitude to Tank. He's not going to fight Lopez, Haney, or Shakur. Look at his history. He won't even fight old man Loma. Those fights are winnable IF Tank really has pound for pound skills. If he wins all those fights, he's an ATG. He doesn't want to risk it. His fanbase doesn't require him to beat the best. Until I see differently, he's Wilder 2.0.
              Big difference from Wilder but I do agree that Tank should fight some of these dudes. We all realize that it's a business but if you are in the game, then you should participate. IMHO, that means fighting the guys that the fans want, not just taking the easiest route for the most money! The sport is hindered because the best do not consistently fight the best. Tomorrow is the Chefs/49ers, the best playing the best. We need that in boxing! C'mon Tank, you have the talent and skills. Step it up!
              Tag, You're Hit Tag, You're Hit likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Claude Palle View Post

Big difference from Wilder but I do agree that Tank should fight some of these dudes. We all realize that it's a business but if you are in the game, then you should participate. IMHO, that means fighting the guys that the fans want, not just taking the easiest route for the most money! The sport is hindered because the best do not consistently fight the best. Tomorrow is the Chefs/49ers, the best playing the best. We need that in boxing! C'mon Tank, you have the talent and skills. Step it up!
                yep, at some point, it has to be proven in the ring. When that time came for Wilder, he failed and made excuses. Maybe that won't happen IF Tank decides to face a real threat.
                Last edited by wrecksracer; 02-10-2024, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Bread with some great answers this week. Tyson–Tua is a mouthwatering fantasy fight, and his breakdown of Alvarez/Crawford/Benavidez/Ennis was one of the best takes I've heard so far.

PEDs, though... Who's at fault more than the actual cheaters themselves? The PROMOTERS who keep enabling it. Every last one of them. Slimy money-grubbing pieces of shit.

Comment

lol why does anyone even ask Bread about mythical matchups?

“I can’t pick a winner”

“They’d have to fight 3 times”

The whole point of the exercise is to evaluate their skills/resume ➡️ use your best judgement ➡️ pick a hypothetical winner.

Idk why he always goes full politician mode, seems like a harmless Q&A to have in a mailbag & provide an actual opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X