Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lamont Roach-Jono Carroll Mandatory Title Fight Ordered By WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lamont Roach-Jono Carroll Mandatory Title Fight Ordered By WBA

Lamont Roach Jr. will head straight into his mandatory title defense. Two, in fact, should he resume his winning ways. The recently crowned WBA junior lightweight titlist was ordered to next defend the belt versus Ireland's Jono Carroll. The ruling was made despite the fact that unbeaten contender Otar Eranosyan won a final eliminator just last summer and is ranked number-one by the sanctioning body.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Didn't realize Jono was still fighting. Kind of lost track of him after the disputed win against Andy Vences.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
      Didn't realize Jono was still fighting. Kind of lost track of him after the disputed win against Andy Vences.
      Think he's won like 3-4 in a row since against lower level guys and beat Marriaga in his last fight who we all know is like a gate keeper at 126-130. Not sure he deserves a crack at world title but you can say that about alot world title fights that get made nowadays
      PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Jfc. Jono is a mando? He have to suck a belt guys dick or something???

Idk that Otar deserves to be #1 either, but I'd rather see him get this belt fight. He gave a mid level kinda hyped Samson prospect Sterling Castillo his first L & stopped ex belt holder Roger Gutierrez last time out. Jono beat some also ran guys &.a couple semi name trending downwards with L's. Gtfo here WBA.

Comment

Put this in the UK and Jono has a shot. Put it on a pier in Dublin and I'll give him 4 points.

Comment

Both free agents? Someone will buy this cheap.

Comment

Sounds like one for the Taylor v Cameron undercard

Comment

I thought Otar vs Gutierrez was for mando a couple months back? Either way, let’s get Otar vs Ogawa or Zaurbek in the meantime
                BigZ44 BigZ44 likes this.

Comment

Roach really messed up not negotiating a fair deal with GBP.. having a belt doesn’t equate to dollar signs if you don’t have network backing via a powerful promoter

Comment

Lamont has had a decent career but that loss to Jamel and promotional issues seem to have impacted the trajectory of his career.
                    ​​​​​​
                    I would expect him to beat Jono fairly easily but it wouldn't surprise me if he came out flat and made it tougher than it needed to be.

Comment

Working...
                    X