Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: I Did Everything I Could Do Against Jamaine Ortiz; He Didn't Wanna Compete

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: I Did Everything I Could Do Against Jamaine Ortiz; He Didn't Wanna Compete

Teofimo Lopez implored Jamaine Ortiz to stand and fight many times Thursday night. A disciplined, composed Ortiz remained committed, though, to his mundane game plan throughout their 12-round, 140-pound championship match. Ortiz fought from a southpaw stance from the start of their fight until the final bell,
    [Click Here To Read More]

Everything except cut off the ring.

Comment

Outboxed
      mike1010011 mike1010011 eco1 eco1 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by TelMex View Post
        You're right, he was unable to cut off the ring vs a guy who wanted to do everything but fight. In the end the right man won. Ortiz doesnt a co-main or main event. That sh.it was a horrible display on Jamaine's part

Comment

Originally posted by TelMex View Post
          He said , "I did everything I could." Unfortunately he can't do that, lol!
          _Rexy_ _Rexy_ likes this.

Comment

Well that’s twice now at 140 Teo has gotten a shady win against a mover. Book is out

Comment

I didn't see the whole fight. I watched two rounds and couldn't watch anymore. It was that lousy.

Comment

Jamaine Ortiz was ready for a track meet. Incredible bicycle stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
                  I didn't see the whole fight. I watched two rounds and couldn't watch anymore. It was that lousy.
                  Then you did watch the whole fight. Because what happened in the first 2 was what happened all fight long. Teo sucks at cutting off the ring. I'm leaning back to thinking he's overrated, and his win over Loma was because Loma was one-armed and Taylor was just always overrated and on the slide to boot. I just don't think he can beat a mover without help from the judges, and if he fights one with good power, he's gonna get flattened.
                  Don2021 Don2021 likes this.

Comment

I watched the fight again, no sound no commentators. Ortiz won by at least three rounds on better punches, ring generalship and good defense. What no one seems to be mentioning is the fact that Lopez had the opportunity to make it ugly and cut the ring off, but it Ortiz was countering him with hard shots. Several times Lopez got hit with hard shots and turned his back. Ortiz got the better of almost every exchange. Lopez landed one punch here and there, and then got frustrated.

Point being, if you watch the fight with the sound off, Ortiz really beat Lopez easily. The commentators said nothing when Ortiz was landing solid shots, and they never commented on his footwork, which had Lopez totally miffed. And Lopez does not like getting hit, Ortiz was hitting him whenever Lopez got close trying to hit him with power shots, and he basically just gave up trying to engage. The crowd and commentators really make you think Ortiz is doing nothing but running, but he outboxed Lopez terribly, and hit Lopez with the far cleaner shots.

I don't like runners, but Ortiz was really boxing well. But if you listened to the ESPN guys, Lopez wasn't getting the KO and so Ortiz was just doing nothing. It isn't true.

A boring fight to be sure, but Haney fights in a very similar manner. Teo won because of money and A side silliness. And I didn't like the fight and got bored. But this one really exposes the judges corruption. Until they make a rule that guys have to stand and trade for x amount if minutes per fight and that it is part of the scoring weight, outboxing a guy who is a bigger hitter than you is the way for guys to win the fight, it is legal and the sport is called boxing.

Ortiz got robbed.

Comment

Working...
                    X