Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Collazo Keen To Face Shigeoka Brothers: It's Possible; Think They Want To Fight Me Too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Collazo Keen To Face Shigeoka Brothers: It's Possible; Think They Want To Fight Me Too

Oscar Collazo sees enough room in his year to fight the entire Shigeoka family. The trio of unbeaten titlists are part of a new wave of strawweights talented and entertaining enough to entice an audience beyond the sport's most fervent fanbase. Puerto Rico's Collazo holds the WBO belt, while the WBC and IBF titles belong to Yudai and Ginjiro Shigeoka, respectively.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great to hear, let's see the fights.

Comment

Wow! All three of the belt holder's mentioned in this article have 10 fight's or less, that's unheard of, the fighter's in this weight division must be scarce.
      I'm all for Collazo taking on the Shigeoka brother's for their title belt's this year, beating would add a lot of clout to your championship reign.
      Collazo has the qualities good boxer, sturdy chin, power, speed, and aggression to make a real significant impact in this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
        Wow! All three of the belt holder's mentioned in this article have 10 fight's or less, that's unheard of, the fighter's in this weight division must be scarce.
        I'm all for Collazo taking on the Shigeoka brother's for their title belt's this year, beating would add a lot of clout to your championship reign.
        Collazo has the qualities good boxer, sturdy chin, power, speed, and aggression to make a real significant impact in this sport.
        Both Shigeoka bros. have extensive amateur backgrounds, which accounts for at least part of this.

How about Collazo vs. Shigeoka vs. Freshmart vs. Shigeoka -- all four in the ring at the same time?

Comment

I'd LOVE to see Ginjiro vs Oscar. Been down with Ginjiro for awhile & Oscar has been looking real good lately. I wouldn't expect anything less than a good ass fight with these two.

Comment

Originally posted by trippleupper View Post

Both Shigeoka bros. have extensive amateur backgrounds, which accounts for at least part of this.

How about Collazo vs. Shigeoka vs. Freshmart vs. Shigeoka -- all four in the ring at the same time?
            Freshmart bout to be gone probably. He gots mando with Hasanboy. Idk that he gets past him.

I'd be down for a final 4 at 105 in the near future. Yudai vs Hasanboy/Freshmart winner & Ginjiro vs Oscar.

If both Shigeoka bros win we need to get Turki involved to bring enough money for them to fight. Interesting backstory Ginjiro's only amateur L is by forfeit to his big bro Yudai. Turki gonna need to pay them by punches landed or something so they don't bamboozle everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Freshmart bout to be gone probably. He gots mando with Hasanboy. Idk that he gets past him.

I'd be down for a final 4 at 105 in the near future. Yudai vs Hasanboy/Freshmart winner & Ginjiro vs Oscar.

If both Shigeoka bros win we need to get Turki involved to bring enough money for them to fight. Interesting backstory Ginjiro's only amateur L is by forfeit to his big bro Yudai. Turki gonna need to pay them by punches landed or something so they don't bamboozle everyone.
              Has there ever been an undisputed at 105?

Comment

Originally posted by trippleupper View Post

Has there ever been an undisputed at 105?
                Nope. Idek if there has been a unified belt holder tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
                  Also worth noting that all three of them became champions last year by defeating veterans with between 20-40 matches...as of April 2023 the four champions were: Knockout CP Freshmart (24-0), Panya Pradabsri/Petchmanee CP Freshmart​ (39-1), Daniel Valladares (27-3-1), Melvin Jerusalem (20-2).

Collazo defeated Jerusalem in May, Yudai defeated Pradabsri and Gingiro defeated Valladares in October. So outside Knockout CP Freshmart who hasn't fought since 2022 and is all but retired or will likely lose when he fights again, the Shigeoka brothers and Collazo are the new young generation at age 23, 26, and 27.

Comment

Originally posted by Elheath View Post
                    Also worth noting that all three of them became champions last year by defeating veterans with between 20-40 matches...as of April 2023 the four champions were: Knockout CP Freshmart (24-0), Panya Pradabsri/Petchmanee CP Freshmart​ (39-1), Daniel Valladares (27-3-1), Melvin Jerusalem (20-2).

Collazo defeated Jerusalem in May, Yudai defeated Pradabsri and Gingiro defeated Valladares in October. So outside Knockout CP Freshmart who hasn't fought since 2022 and is all but retired or will likely lose when he fights again, the Shigeoka brothers and Collazo are the new young generation at age 23, 26, and 27.
                    You've done your homework well, I didn't know all that, obviously you keep up with the lower weight division's a lot more than I do.

Comment

Working...
                    X