Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: If He Keeps Head On Straight, Acts Like He's Acting Now, Teofimo Can Be A Major Star

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: If He Keeps Head On Straight, Acts Like He's Acting Now, Teofimo Can Be A Major Star

Almost eight months removed from the "retirement" no one took seriously, Teofimo Lopez will be showcased on a huge stage Thursday night in the shadows of the biggest annual sporting spectacle in the United States. Lopez's 12-round, 140-pound title fight against Jamaine Ortiz will take place amid the hustle and bustle of Super Bowl
    [Click Here To Read More]

Teofimo "Focused" Lopez.

Comment

Even tho some of that humble, philosophical-type ish comes off as kinda fake from him, the old man is right. If he can keep that image up and stay looking impressive in the ring, he'll definitely boost his standing as a draw with folks who'll buy into that. But true colors come out when ish don't go your way and it's already been seen after he lost to Kambosos. Dude pulled a Wilder with all the excuses and victimhood nonsense. Ain't nothing humble about that. He's a young guy and still has some coming-of-age to do, so who knows going forward.

Comment

Definitely a global star in the making. Needs to get on a Saudi show to make that leap though

Comment

When he is focused he can be special.

It’s the other times when he is not that cause concern.

Comment

Originally posted by Goatintheboat View Post
            Definitely a global star in the making. Needs to get on a Saudi show to make that leap though
            Would you please enlighten me on which fighter has ever jumped on a Saudi card and became an instant global superstar?

Comment

I agree.

He needs to focus on his craft and to fight the best guys as well.

He also needs to leave TR. Floyd and Fishnets have laid out the blueprint for Teo.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

Would you please enlighten me on which fighter has ever jumped on a Saudi card and became an instant global superstar?
                Good point. Not really. Most of those that have been on the Saudi fights are already the biggest names in boxing or weren't at the right stage to benefit. Teo is in position to make that jump. Ennis, Davis, Haney and Crawford too. Fighting in the US is significantly limiting now.

Comment

Where TEO is concerned trust me, NOBODY is investing in 'cringe'

Comment

no chance.. in order in be a star, you have to actually be a good boxer. or you'll just end up like broner, etc... talk shiiet but cant back it up.

you see with floyd, he made people hate him but he was able to back all his talking up when it comes time to it.

I dont see teo being successful like this.. yeah he might win a few fights but will always lose in the big fights that matters.

Comment

Working...
                    X